:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

MMA Thread…

• Comments Off on MMA Thread…

MMA Thread…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder MMA Thread…

This topic contains 719 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 720 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Is this actually going to happen this time? Is DC really going to get to fight Jonny Bones again?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I don’t know, but I sure am excited. I mean, look at me.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

How about that Rob Whittaker kid though?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Rob. I asked you how about that Rob Whittaker kid though?

It’s either that or talk about Jon Jones popping again.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Well, I got something for ya.

As far as RW goes, I’m impressed. It’ll be interesting to see how he fares against…well, shit, what’s the plan now? GSP/Bisping, then whoever wins, Robert gets? Definitely interested to see how this will play out.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Next time you do a solo show Robby, if you have a take on (1) GSP’s comeback and (2) the fact it’s a MW title fight, you should get that out there.

Or just post it in here, whatever floats your boat the most.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Ok, damn…forgot about this one. It’ll have to go on the next.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Holy shit that was fun!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Great interview with The World Champion. Rob’s easy-going charm really comes out in this one more than any other interview I’ve seen with him.

Skip to about 12:50 if you just want his take on Yoel vs Luke.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

You been watching the new TUF Robby?

I’m really liking the undefeated angle combined with it being Stipe and DC as coaches.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

There are only three things in life that turn me on … women, doing things in MMA nobody has done before, and dinosaurs.

I love GSP so dang much. Dude spent a bunch of his time off travelling the world visiting paleontological sites!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Can you believe they were talking about Shogun fighting DC?

Old boy looked so slow in there against Hamilton. PAINFULLY slow.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yeah, he looked old.  I’m sure DC just wanted the farewell tour, beating UFC greats on his way out the door.  I figure he already got to throw Dan Henderson around, so no need for another one of those.

I don’t really know what DC should do next, but he’s only got 7 months left.  Maybe just beat the hell out of Brock, make the huge paycheck and call it a career.  Shogun should go ahead and do that, too.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I wanted Shogun and Rashad to retire a couple of years ago. It’s just no fun watching them be shadows of their former selves. Machida is in the same boat now. Maybe he and Shogun should finish their trilogy and then ride off into the sunset together.

Hunto is heading that way too now his levels of stamina are that of a 44 year old. He developed fairly technically sound wrestling defense which lead to his solid run up the ranks but once you get tired that stuff gets easier for younger, fitter opponents to work past.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I first watched Israel Adesanya fight on June 15 2013, in his 2nd ever pro MMA fight. He was only 4-0 or something in kickboxing at the time, with only one fight in NZ, so I’d never heard of him, but I was there in the arena to support John Vake – his opponent that night. Even though he beat John I became an instant fan of Izzy for the obvious reasons.

I wouldn’t say I get as nervous when he fights as I do for Hunto, but it’s up there. And when he wins it’s fricken up there too.

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 720 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.