:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

MMA Thread…

• Comments Off on MMA Thread…

MMA Thread…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder MMA Thread…

This topic contains 719 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 720 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

Okay, you need to find a way to watch the Diaz/MacDonald fight. Holy shit that was awesome!!!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

GAH, they didn’t show it!

Fucking Mark Hominick though dude, holy balls that dude really is a machine. They could change his nickname to Egghead though, I was wincing watching them work that thing with the end swell and the ice. Mofo was starting to look like the Elephant Man. I wonder if Aldo had a flu or something though, because he seemed to gas sometime in the second round and that’s really not like him at all.

And my man from Belem really is the Karate Kid after all – I called it even before Rogan and Goldie … because I’m that awesome.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Apparently, Aldo put on some extra muscle, so he had a tougher time with the weight cut then he’s had in the past.

And, people seem to be giving GSP a hard time, because the fight wasn’t up to their standards. Dude got punched in the eye during the 2nd round, couldn’t see shit and had no depth perception, and STILL beat the best opponent he’s had in years. Fuckers.

I was actually a little worn out before the GSP fight, because I spent so much energy being so grossed out by Mr Pus-Bubble. Yucky! But yeah, that was pure heart.

Joe’s comment on Lyoto’s crane kick – “That was the crane kick! There’s no defense!” Really great. Disappointed a bit that Couture couldn’t go out on a win, but holy shit that was awesome.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, people expect a lot of GSP precisely because he’s so good. The kind of wild success he and Anderson have had it’s a double edged sword because if they don’t perform like the supermen they’re hyped to be people start wondering what went wrong … even though they keep on winning. I think GSP gets it tougher because he’s not a finisher like Anderson is, but it’s pretty lame to complain about a supreme athlete, professional and performer like GSP when he’s just proved again how outstanding he is.

It seemed like he only got hit twice in the first three rounds but in exactly the wrong places. The jab that messed his eye up looked like it was at at the extreme of Jake’s reach and had almost no power but it must’ve scratched his eyeball or something. But at least it lead to more great Greg Jackson-ness between rounds – I love the way that guy works the corner for his fighters.

“I can’t see out of my left eye.”

“It doesn’t matter, you only need one eye.”

And do you remember if Lyoto thanked Steven Seagal again when he was talking with Joe or is my memory just playing tricks after too many fights and beers last night?

rob
    rob
    Participant

Not sure if he did when he was talking to Joe, but he definitely did at the post-fight press conference. And yeah, Greg Jackson’s comment cracked me up.

Larkitect
    Larkitect
    Participant

just finished the show. my thoughts/feelings essentially jive with you two.

i can watch the human centipede while eating but that forehead made me squirm.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

First Maynard and Edgar 2 falls apart and now Brock is struck down by more guts issues and is out of the fight with Junior. Seems like Dana White must’ve walked under a ladder recently. Or fucked a black cat. Or something.

Speaking of Brock, this TUF season isn’t the greatest ever but I’m still digging it. I know a lot of it is edited to bring out drama but I like seeing these inexperienced fighters handle themselves sometimes.

Speaking of inexperienced fighters and Brock in the same breath, I couldn’t help but laugh when Len pointed out that he and many of his team have more fights than Brock.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Well, at least Carwin stepped in to fight Dos Santos.

Larkitect
    Larkitect
    Participant

@bucho 46802 wrote:

Speaking of inexperienced fighters and Brock in the same breath, I couldn’t help but laugh when Len pointed out that he and many of his team have more fights than Brock.

that was hilarioius.

brock is an athletic powerhouse but an absolutely awful coach.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

He’s not the worst though, I still laugh at how crappy Rampage was.

Larkitect
    Larkitect
    Participant

@bucho 46830 wrote:

He’s not the worst though, I still laugh at how crappy Rampage was.

That’s true. I almost forgot about his season.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I loved that season. Somehow Rashad still ended up being the villian even though he was more supportive and helpful toward Rampage’s guys than Rampage was.

At least Rampage was a hilariously bad coach though. Brock is kind of awkwardly poor, which is a different kind of entertaining.

Larkitect
    Larkitect
    Participant

@bucho 46838 wrote:

I loved that season. Somehow Rashad still ended up being the villian even though he was more supportive and helpful toward Rampage’s guys than Rampage was.

At least Rampage was a hilariously bad coach though. Brock is kind of awkwardly poor, which is a different kind of entertaining.

oh yeah, that was the season rampage didn’t fight at the end because he was doing the A-Team movie.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Looks like Seagal isn’t the only 80s martial arts action megastar inspiring UFC guys these days.

@larkitect 46845 wrote:

oh yeah, that was the season rampage didn’t fight at the end because he was doing the A-Team movie.

Yep. A couple of decent HWs came out of that season too – Roy “Big Country” Nelson and Brendan Shaub. Matt Mitrione is picking up steam too. I don’t see any of them wearing gold around their waist anytime soon, but they all put on entertaining performances.

Shame Kimbo couldn’t match them. 🙂

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

That’s going to take him a long time to clear those out. I hope he’s getting paid by the job, and not by the hour, or his landscaping business is going to seriously fail. Maybe he should partner with Segal, then he could come chop it up with a sword, or turn around and pull the trees over his shoulder to break them. It worked on every baddies arm in the movies, right?

WAS Fitch a megastar? That may be giving him some undue cine credit.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 720 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.