:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

MMA Thread…

• Comments Off on MMA Thread…

MMA Thread…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder MMA Thread…

This topic contains 725 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by rob rob 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 726 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Bummer about the Kongo and Lombard fights not living up to hype, although the Lombard fight, for all of its lack of fireworks, was still pretty fascinating. I don’t see Boetsch ever being champion but I find him entertaining almost in a Big Country way. Really liked the Carraway and Riddle fights. Riddle is such a goofball looking dude but man is he tough, and seems determined to put himself in harms way in order to make a fight more entertaining instead of fighting safe.

Speaking of goofballs, I loved watching Barao do his thing. I wonder what was going through Cruz’s mind watching that. That’s going to be a very intriguing match up, seeing how Barao deals with Cruz’s movement.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    rob
    Participant

That is gonna be a good fight – if we get to it. I think Dominic isn’t gonna be ready in time. I wouldn’t be surprised if Barao has to fight someone else in the meantime. Ariel Helwani suggested Michael McDonald (I keep forgettin’).

Yeah, I wasn’t as bummed out about the fights as April was. I think the Lombard/Boetsch fight was only really disappointing because it followed the clinch match, which then made the very technical and entertaining Interim belt match seem boring, too.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I wasn’t bored for a second watching Barao/Faber. I liked Lombard Boetsch too, I just meant it didn’t live up to the hype. It was still intriguing with the style and size differences, knowing both guys are a split second away from delivering a bomb at any moment.

Barao/MacDonald would be awesome.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

There’s a 93% chance you’ll like this Robby. And there’s a 100% chance I already did –

rob
    rob
    Participant

I liked the Chael/Anderson part. I’ve actually watched the show a couple of times. It was kinda funny.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Fox 4 was a winner, right? I only got to see the main card but 4 finishes from 4 has to rate at least a 9/10. Although, even when he wins I’m starting to get bummed out watching Rua fight so far below what he was at his peak. Good for Lyoto though, and awesome for J-Lau and his extra $100,000 pocket money.

Meanwhile Rousey vs Coco was quite fun –

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30105/video-strikeforce-champ-ronda-rousey-gives-conan-obrien-a-lesson-in-armbars.mma

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yeah, I dunno what it is, but I just don’t think Rousey’s as hot as everyone’s making her out to be. If we’re grading on a curve, then I guess she’s the best looking current MMA woman (since Gina’s apparently not coming back).

I loved that card. Mike Swick’s return was everything I’d hoped, as his fights were the most memorable when I first started watching MMA. Joe Lauzon continues to be one of my favorite fighters to watch, and was very glad to see him beat Jamie Fucking Varner, even though he really fought well. The Machida/Bader fight was the worst of the four, and it was still really impressive. Bader should have fought his style and forgotten about the possible title shot – he got desperate and walked into that straight right. Vera surprised everybody, and that was a neat story, but you’re right – Shogun has looked old ever since he fought Bones.

Now THIS weekend I’ve been looking forward to for a while. I am a huge Benson fan (I bought two styles of one of his walkout shirts, and I’m coincidentally wearing one now!) and I think he’s really the one to beat in the LW division. I never thought much of Edgar, but he has continually surprised me with his pure heart. I still don’t think he can beat Benson, but I’ve been wrong before.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

The fact that Frankie fights so well even when he’s been smashed makes me wonder just how well he could do if he keeps his face out of the way of those big fists and feet. Gray smashes him in each of the first rounds and Frankie storms back. Bendo smashes him with that beast of an upkick and Frankie hangs in there landing shots on Bendo even though his nose is crushed for the last three rounds.

Looking forward to seeing if Justin Lawrence continues to live up to the hype and the Black House name too.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yeah, Frankie’s kind of a weird dude. Makes me think that his ability to absorb punishment will likely shorten his career. He’s definitely proven me wrong many times now, but I love Benson so much that it’s hard for me to not want to see him win.

The Cerrone/Guillard fight should be fun, too, even though I think Cerrone’s going to win pretty handily.

Really, all of the fights should make for a fun night.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I love that Dana will give FOTN to a bout with only 76 seconds of action.

I know you don’t listen to other podcasts Rob, but this was a fun hour long chat with Dana a couple of weeks ago – http://girlonguy.libsyn.com/girl-on-guy-56-dana-white

rob
    rob
    Participant

I actually listened to that one, even though Aisha Tyler kinda annoys me. Also listened to Maynard on the Joe Rogan Experience. Interesting to hear that he enjoys MMA too.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, I can’t listen to too much of her either, she has that same kind of slightly desperate obsequiousness that often makes Chris Hardwick’s The Nerdist podcast tough to get through. In fact the only other episode of Aisha’s I’ve heard is the Adam Carolla one I think.

How about Bendo/Diaz, A-Gus/Rua and BJ/Rory on the same night. On Fox. For free. Wow. Roll on December.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yeah, I just read that! Now THAT’S a card!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Until one of them pulls out injured I’ll be over here salivating over the prospect of seening Frankie “Rob Hates Me” Edgar vs Jose “I Don’t Really Know Exactly How Rob Feels About Me But I Think He Might Enjoy My Style” Aldo.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

Those names must be really small on the back of those sexy women’s bathrobes the wear out to the ring.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 726 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.