:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Mike Myers RIP (dead to me)?

• Comments Off on Mike Myers RIP (dead to me)?

Mike Myers RIP (dead to me)?

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Mike Myers RIP (dead to me)?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster
    Bing
    Participant

gay.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Why do you hate gay people, bryan

Version3
    Keymaster

I don’t hate them, I hate public gayness. Not public displays, publicly look at me gay. The story regarding him taking a role of a gay guy, because he is openly gay is something that annoys me. I don’t care if straight or gay people are portrayed in movies, TV, commercials, flip-books… whatever the fuck. But when it’s gay content for the sake of having gay content, or actors taking roles because they are openly gay, or taking a point of view shared by the vast minority, and making it a focal point as if it represents the majority; I find it irritating, cheapening and in the case of MM, it’s extremely disappointing. I didn’t know he was gay before the article though.

BTW: I have strong feelings about anyone that does similar; marketing to specific segments of the population, in order to draw attention to the fact that they are marketing to that segment. Movies that have to go out of the way to represent a minority point of view or minority segment just to spite the majority. That’s not art, it’s usually an agenda.

thx_1227
    Participant
    El Rustirino wrote:
    Why do you hate gay people, bryan

Because they’re gay.

Version3
    Keymaster

Hahahaha…. hey!

El Rustirino
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    I don’t hate them, I hate public gayness. Not public displays, publicly look at me gay. The story regarding him taking a role of a gay guy, because he is openly gay is something that annoys me. I don’t care if straight or gay people are portrayed in movies, TV, commercials, flip-books… whatever the fuck. But when it’s gay content for the sake of having gay content, or actors taking roles because they are openly gay, or taking a point of view shared by the vast minority, and making it a focal point as if it represents the majority; I find it irritating, cheapening and in the case of MM, it’s extremely disappointing. I didn’t know he was gay before the article though.

BTW: I have strong feelings about anyone that does similar; marketing to specific segments of the population, in order to draw attention to the fact that they are marketing to that segment. Movies that have to go out of the way to represent a minority point of view or minority segment just to spite the majority. That’s not art, it’s usually an agenda.

So, you don’t hate it because he’s gay, but because he’s using his sexual preference to achieve something, or to spite somebody, as if him being gay makes him superior. That makes sense (if I understand it correctly).

Although, I could say the same for straight people.

I’m straight, by the way.

rob
    Participant

Yeah, I agree. Like people who think that they’re entitled to something because of it. Like those damn lesbians at Sprint.

El Rustirino
    Participant

when you guys rant about it makes me think you actually hate them because of their sexuality

but then I remember you don’t

I wish you guys would do something like that about Christianity

without jerry of course

rob
    Participant

It’s funny you say that…

The other day, I started to record on the way home, and I started on organized religion, not just Christianity, and then realized that I wasn’t up for it. I was moving toward a rant on it, but like I said, I ran out of steam.

The reason that we don’t do stuff like that, as I’m sure you know, is not only because of Jerry’s feelings, but for the countless other people who listened to our show for humor and find themselves listening to anti-religion rants — well, it just wouldn’t be smart, as something like 95 or 96 percent of the world’s population are religious or have religious beliefs. Of course, you could argue, since we had something like .00001 percent of the world’s population listening to our show…

But yeah — for me, it’s not only because of Jerry for me, it’s my wife, too. And her parents. And her siblings. And…

And before you go on about wanting to hear it, I already deleted it. I might do one with a big disclaimer at the beginning, but yeah…

El Rustirino
    Participant

Asshole.

You have to do one, though. I’d love to hear it.

Octavious
    Participant

Speaking of Jerry, where is he?

Version3
    Keymaster

The dual-core processor machine we use to render him in real-time is down with a bad drive at the moment.

Jor-El
    Participant

BEHOLD, …

I like titties.

Bing
    Participant

Yeah that Bryan guy can fix computers real quick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.