:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Max Payne movie?

• Comments Off on Max Payne movie?

Max Payne movie?

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Max Payne movie?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

Yeah, I don’t know if you guys heard about this, but they’re making a Max Payne movie, and Mila Kunis (Jackie from That 70’s Show) is playing his love interest/wife or whatever. And they’re shooting for a PG-13 rating. Does this sound like the worst idea or what? Max Payne was cool, but it was based on movies. So, they’re making a movie about a video game based on movies? Fuck this, man!

I could be wrong, it could be cool.

Version3
    Keymaster

No, it will totally suck.

1) Wrong age group for the characters… +8-10 years.
    2) Not Mila Kunis, there is no logical reason whatsoever for casting her in much of anything.
    3) As you already said, it’s a game based on movies… this is like translating a really funny monologue written in English into Hebrew only to be translated back in English. It will lose it’s cohesiveness, and will wind up being based on blowing shit up and cool effects. They should scrap this and just make another Triple X sequel, at least they won’t piss people off as much.
    4) The thing that really makes the game work is that you are PLAYING it. It sucks you into this cinematic crime drama because you get to be the character. Without the game piece, even the GAME wouldn’t stand a chance at the box office. Why the fuck would they try to adapt that shit further.
    5) PG-13 rating? Are you people fucking high? The language that this movie should call for should make it a solid R. It should be violent enough for an R, and dammit, if you are going to take away BEING the movie, and try to make it a watch-only experience you better add some well placed boobs to this movie (and recast the love interest before you do this).

rob
    Participant

Yeah, I agree — it’s a totally stupid idea. Hopefully, Max Payne will be played by Paul Walker, and then it will be a MUST-SEE!

Octavious
    Participant

I agree with Bryan. Ever since I seen Paul Walker, he is the perfect choice for a “Bullitt” remake.

rob
    Participant

Mark Wahlberg is Max Payne. This movie is officially teh suck.

Bing
    Participant

this is going to suck.

Where do this games as movies ideas come from? They pick the shittiest things around to make.

Next thing you know they’ll be making Diakatana or Simcity or someshit

EmFour
    Participant

I would much rather just get a Max Payne 3 than a movie. In fact, I’d rather no movies ever be based on vidja games. The ratio to dogshit to almost watchable is so heavily weighted in the former that I’d just rather it all ended. Although I’d pay to see a Daikatana movie, for the novelty.

Pa-ul
    Participant

Now that Hollywood seems to have redone most movies and ‘begins’ and ‘returns’, they are turning their attention to video games.

I notice that a ‘Hitman’ movie has been done and ‘Silent Hill’.

I give it a year and Grand Theft Auto becomes a film.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Newman
    Participant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games

Looking through this list of games made into movies, I see only a few that were decent.

Doom being a relatively good game (from what I’ve heard, never played it) made a shitty movie according to reviews.
    Final Fantasy Spirits Within just didn’t have a good marketing scheme, I personally enjoyed it if not for the story then the crazy CGI. Same goes with Final Fantasy Advent Children which I think did better.
    House of the Dead, how do you even make a move based on a “on-rails shooter” game?…srsly wtf?
    Hitman, did anyone see this movie? I was gonna pirate it but never got around to it. Thats how much it interested me.
    Lets not even talk about the stupid mario movies, funny cuz it was the 80s but still.
    Mortal Combat, meah.
    Pokemon, Movies based on a Game based on a TV show based on a Collectable card game, of course the 9yr olds will love it.
    Resident Evil was pretty good at least the first one and most of the 2nd and 3rd ones.
    Silent Hill was actually pretty good and got decent reviews too. I think they are planning a 2nd SH movie.
    Tomb Raider, whats wrong with Angelina Jolie running around in a skimpy amazon suit, amirite?

Anyways the point I’m trying to make is they really need to stop fucking up the integrity of prefectly good video game frachises with half assed second rate movies that blow chucks. See how often it works? NOT VERY OFTEN YOU GREEDY HOLLYWOOD FUCKS!!

digitaltopia
    Participant

When it comes to turning games into TV shows, they usually don’t make it not because of a bad translation per se’, but usually because they don’t put enough of what made the game good into the TV show.

For instance, Sam and Max. They put it on Saturday morning and put just a little adult humor in it. It should have had a better time slot and it should’ve been adult all the way through.

I do remember liking the Maniac Mansion TV series though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.