:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Mad Mel’s Apocalypto

• Comments Off on Mad Mel’s Apocalypto

Mad Mel’s Apocalypto

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Mad Mel’s Apocalypto

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Participant

Just got back from seeing this and it’s pretty badass. There’s a little bit of cheesiness and predictability at times because it’s basically a good old fashioned chase movie for a lot of it but Gibson is one talented SOB in the director’s chair. He knows how to ratchett up the tension and get the adrenaline pumping and gets some amazing and memorable shots at times, not to mention some great storytelling ideas. See it on the big screen if you can, this is one of those.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Frank
    Participant

Riggs gotta eat!

rob
    Participant

I thought it was pretty well done as well, Bucho — but my biggest problem with it is how it was sold in the trailers. I really expected more of a look at the culture, what with the Holy Man raising his arms up to the people below, and all of the eclipse stuff. It was, as you said, mostly just a chase feature.

That being said, some great effects, and an unflinching look at the brutality that comes with fighting without guns. Definitely worth seeing.

Bucho
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    I thought it was pretty well done as well, Bucho — but my biggest problem with it is how it was sold in the trailers. I really expected more of a look at the culture, what with the Holy Man raising his arms up to the people below, and all of the eclipse stuff. It was, as you said, mostly just a chase feature.

That being said, some great effects, and an unflinching look at the brutality that comes with fighting without guns. Definitely worth seeing.

Yeah, it was sold as having themes about the death of a civilization but it barely scratched the surface of those things. Even the title suggests something grander. I was hoping for a lot more on the big city folks too and how their systems worked, even just an aerial shot or two of the hugeness of the place, but we only get to see it mostly from Jaguar Paw’s point of view.

For what it actually is though, it’s pretty damn solid. I especially liked the the guys who played the two main villains, Zero Wolf and Middle Eye, they were badass.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.