:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

MacBook 2.4 Ghz VS. 9 oz Cup of Water

• Comments Off on MacBook 2.4 Ghz VS. 9 oz Cup of Water

MacBook 2.4 Ghz VS. 9 oz Cup of Water

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder MacBook 2.4 Ghz VS. 9 oz Cup of Water

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, so I’m working away yesterday at a client location, and I’m using my MacBook with their monitor and such. Anyway, I have this fresh 9oz cup of water freshly topped off sitting far away from my gear. I reach toward the mouse, and somehow manage to hit the cup… it slides (you guessed it) right into my MacBook. Then it instantly tips over and dumps the entire contents (save .5 oz of H20) directly into the keyboard valley on my running machine!

I scoop it up one handed and with palm under it, I flip it upside down as fast as I can while I start reaching for cables with the other hand. A quick move of the hand and I’ve got it gripped in the upside-down position, with the water pouring out of it. It’s still running. I ask for help, and immediately receive a whole roll of paper towels, and a can of air. While the producer on this project mops up my workspace with paper towels, I start soaking up water from the exposed surfaces of my still running and upside down computer. Then the air starts.

I use the can of air to try and force air back out of the machine, while holding it upside down. I initiate a restart so that I can easily save the data from all of my open projects, and continue to blow out the machine, the keyboard and all of the vent holes while this happens. The computer hadn’t been restarted in like a week, so it’s going slow. This makes everyone around me super nervous, they are certain it’s about to puff smoke. I’m smiling like an idiot because it’s a funny unfortunate event, but I feel like I’ve already seen the sum of the problems.

So, it restarts. I flip it over, plug the MagSafe back in, plug my mouse back in and get back to work. Total downtime: about 8 minutes. Machine power-off time: 0 minutes 0 seconds.

Still going strong. πŸ™‚

Did I mention that I dropped it on the concrete last week too? I’m so hard on new machines.

digitaltopia
    Participant

What was that about new machines giving you a hard-on?

Octavious
    Participant

Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. When you dropped on concrete, how far was the fall?

Version3
    Keymaster

I had it in my backpack, which is side loader. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to close it so as I slung it onto my back (over one shoulder) it popped out and went straight down. I guess it would be 4.5 to 5 feet, landed directly on a corner.

Pa-ul
    Participant

Apple should employ to do destructive tests on their products. πŸ˜€

Think of the big box of goodies you would get.

Christmas every month or so.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Version3
    Keymaster

That 8-core Mac Pro… uh… yeah I broke that. πŸ˜€

Newman
    Participant

God dam Bryan, you really like to show your stuff who’s boss.

Octavious
    Participant

Bryan seems to go thru alot of cars and computers.

BTW, has anyone seen the latest Mac commercial with the PC’s talking about themselves living with Vista? Funny!

Version3
    Keymaster
    Version3 wrote:
    That 8-core Mac Pro… uh… yeah I broke that. πŸ˜€

BTW: this was supposed to be what I’d tell Apple after they sent me the machine. -so I could keep it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.