:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Lord Vader’s Persuasion – Framed!

• Comments Off on Lord Vader’s Persuasion – Framed!

Lord Vader’s Persuasion – Framed!

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Lord Vader’s Persuasion – Framed!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

I gotta dork out a minute and post this — it’s just so bad-ass looking. It’s a print that Dave Dorman (http://www.davedorman.com) did for Celebration IV a couple of years ago. The print was limited to 250 copies.

When I met Dave at the SW Fan Days thingie about 8 months back, I told him how much I loved his work, especially this. He said that he was selling off his artist proof prints of many of the printwork he had done. George Lucas himself enjoyed Dave’s work so much that much of his work can be seen hanging at Skywalker Ranch.

An artist proof, if you aren’t privy, are the proofs that the printer sends to the artist before full production to make sure that the colors are correct, framing is correct — basically so the artist can make sure that it looks the way it’s supposed to.

In this case, Dave had a few copies of each of his artist proofs that he’s made available to buyers, simply because these are hard times, and he hasn’t had much work. I paid $150 for the print, and almost $200 to have it framed. I had them use museum quality glass, so there’s almost no reflection off of the glass, and it’s supposed to preserve the print underneath.

So basically, I’m excited as shit to see the thing on my wall after all this time. Below is a shot of it framed and hung on the wall and a closeup detail of the print.

http://www.davedorman.com/i/art/Star_Wars/LordVader.jpg

Octavious
    Participant

That is a beautiful print.

rob
    Participant

Thanks, man. It took forever to save up to get it looking that good.

thx_1227
    Participant

I’ve never seen that print before, it looks amazing.

Bucho
    Participant

That’s super-cool to see man, especially after hearing you talk about it on one of your solo mini-shows.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Ivan
    Participant

holy shit dat’s amazing

rob
    Participant

Thanks! The guy’s amazing. His other art’s pretty damn cool, too — if you’re interested, http://www.davedorman.com.

Larkitect
    Participant

dude…

that. is. awesome.

and props on using the museum glass. just be careful if george lucas is ever at your house. you go to the kitchen to get him a glass of blue buttermilk and come back to see him holding a sharpie trying to bring the print in line with his “original vision.”

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Version3
    Keymaster

That fucking George Lucas and his Blue Buttermilk.

Jor-El
    Participant

That’s very nice. Do you have the close up picture? Dave was really nice and down to earth, wasn’t he?

I like titties.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.