:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Knights of the Old Republic Online

• Comments Off on Knights of the Old Republic Online

Knights of the Old Republic Online

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Knights of the Old Republic Online

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    digitaltopia
    Participant

So apparently they’re going to make a Knights of the Old Republic MMORPG. I haven’t played any of the single-player iterations yet, but I know they’re well liked.

thx_1227
    Participant

I knew this was rumored, but I never did see a confirmation. Where did you see this, digitaltopia?

Anyway, the first two KOTOR games were AMAZING, especially the first one. If you can, definitely pick it up. MAJOR replay value as well. To be honest, I will be kinda ticked if they have indeed decided to release the 3rd installment as an MMORPG. I wanted another in the same single-player form as the first two. Two of my reasons being that I don’t feel like paying monthly for a game, plus my internet connection probably couldn’t handle it.

digitaltopia
    Participant

Here is the article that confirms it:

http://www.massively.com/2008/07/17/kotor-mmo-confirmed-by-electronic-arts/

It might not necessarily have a monthly fee. More and more MMORPGs are coming out these days as free games, with either a tiered system, where you can play the game for free or pay $5 a month for some special benefits, or as a microtransaction system, where the game is free, but you can buy special game points with real money and then use those points to buy special in-game items, like uber potions and stuff like that.

Bing
    Participant

Kotor 1 was the shit, I felt let down by 2 (I think they rushed it)

Online? Damn…wanted single player shit too, easier to cheat that way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.