:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Kevin Smith vs. Joel Siegel!

• Comments Off on Kevin Smith vs. Joel Siegel!

Kevin Smith vs. Joel Siegel!

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Kevin Smith vs. Joel Siegel!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

Yeah — read this if you’re a fan of Kevin Smith! It’s about a fight between he and Joel Siegel — apparently, during the screening, Joel Siegel left 40 minutes into the movie, and not only that, he made a scene about it! On Smith’s website, he goes over what he thinks of Siegel, and at the bottom is him and Joel Siegel battling it out on Opie and Anthony!

Kevin’s gotta be loving this. This is exactly what he needs to get asses in the seats..

Scatt
    Participant

That is good press for Smith, but I myself can’t press enough that critics suck. Am I wrong? The idea of one person thinking they can weave the singular opinion for the masses?

Frank
    Participant

Especially with that mustache!

From a journalists standpoint, I can understand the punny headlines on his Web site. I’m sure he probably has no idea how those things got up there and some witty, wannabe critic puts up the punny headlines when the story is posted. That’s just my take on it. Can’t wait to see the movie. Bring on the donkey show!!!

rob
    Participant

As far as critics go, Ebert’s been the one that I respect most, because he says that when he doesn’t like a movie doesn’t mean you won’t. He doesn’t have an ego in his reviews — it’s all about what he thinks, and gives his opinion. To me, it doesn’t matter if I disagree with him — it’s an honest non-confrontational review.

But, I’m one of those that think that movie critics are helpful, in some ways…

Version3
    Keymaster

I’ve never liked Siegel… he’s the only critic that annoys me more than Dallas’ own Gary Cogill. I said I thought he was an ass in Episode III and had 3 people tell me that I shouldn’t piss him off, I think my next line was “fuck him”. It was just the I’m above everyone air that he surrounds himself with, his entrance and the level of attention he paid to his peers that greated him. Once those guys get anywhere, they either love what they do, or believe that are doing the world such a service that everyone owes them or is subject to their ‘opinion’. Fuck reviewers. The only ones I respect are my friends with similar tastes. Now you know one of the many reasons, I quit doing it.

Scatt
    Participant

Yeah, I came back here to retract part of what I wrote, since I was thinking of it and realized that our very own Rob reviews movies on this board and that’s never bothered me. It’s the arrogance of it. I don’t have a favorite famous reviewer because I don’t give any of them the time of day. This is because I simply assume that they’re all arrogant. It’s like Bryan said, the best reviews come from friends with similar tastes.

Bucho
    Participant

If you read enough of them you get to learn which ones to trust and which ones are ego driven.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Frank
    Participant

Boy, they were quick getting a video up for this:

http://www.askewhoo.com/?q=node/7

It’s fairly funny.

Bucho
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    Boy, they were quick getting a video up for this:

http://www.askewhoo.com/?q=node/7

It’s fairly funny.

Now that is a trailer to give you goosebumps.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Participant

Its just great.

Bing
    Participant

Forget going to a movie because of story….

Learn to know the power of recognizing Studio/Producer/Director/Distribution/Cast combos and you will achieve a power greater than any movie critic!

…after all…the only good fresh shit left is on the internet and who goes there?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.