:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Just watched SW Episode 4…

• Comments Off on Just watched SW Episode 4…

Just watched SW Episode 4…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Just watched SW Episode 4…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    ElNacho
    Participant

And it sucks McFucking ass! Are you kidding me? That thing was painful to watch!
    I mean, cmon. It got a wee bit better as the movie progressed. But the actors sucked, the script sucked…Those ‘special effects’ were laughable…
    Darth Vader was really pathetic. Especially with his rare use of the force. Besides the one choking thing, and the lightsaber fight (do they always use force for that? or is it just like a normal swordfight, but with lightsabers?), he didnt use it at all. You think he would have for the knowledge of where the hidden base is (from leia), or somethin. But nope, we’re gonna make the movie suck.

PS C3PO needs to die a slow, painful death. R2 can jump in the hellfires that will consume him.

BSherrod
    Participant

I understand that the prequels may have spoiled the younger set with fancy CGI and shit, but hte original trilogy will always be the best in my eyes. I mean this was made in 1978 with limited budget and time. What they did amazes me to this day, but i could honestly see why a youngin wouldnt like or get it.

ElNacho
    Participant

im glad i saw those first, at least. not that i remember seein them. but i know i did, and they prepared me for the rest, or soemthing. if i saw number 1 first, then 2, then 4-6, then 3, i think i wud think the whole series sucked much ass, cuz 4-6 did. or something. what???

BSherrod
    Participant

actually the prequels kinda sucked to me, because it was too Oh MY FUCKING GOD WE DO SPECIAL EFFECTS AT SKYWALKER RANCH LOOK AT THE LIFE LIKE SHIT, FUCK A STORY OR GOOD ACTING, I’M GEORGE LUCAS….BITCH!!!

Version3
    Keymaster

Actually, I can really see this one. I think the Nacho man might be a little harsh on it, and we give it more credit than it deserves because we love it and because of when it was made. But, as a stand alone movie, Star Wars A New Hope is not really that good a movie, the saga was great. Now, Empire on the other hand is a good movie, even if it does suffer from dated effects and such. As I’ve mentioned before, it is not my favorite, but it’s the better movie of the OT.

Try to step out of your Star Wars is one of the most influential Epic sagas of all time mindset and see ANH for what it is… a dated slow moving western made in space with a geezer a whiny bitch and some dude in a shiny electronic pimp suit. I’m still amazed by what it is too… but I’m remembering when/how it was made when I am.

Sorry friends, just my $0.02

Version3
    Keymaster

And now that I’m done with my attempted objective point of view, El Nacho may have to die. We are going to cut your eyelids off and make you watch all of the C3P0 clips on repeat until Darth Vader comes down from planet Vulcan and melts your brain.

Octavious
    Participant
    BSherrod wrote:
    I understand that the prequels may have spoiled the younger set with fancy CGI and shit, but hte original trilogy will always be the best in my eyes. I mean this was made in 1978 with limited budget and time. What they did amazes me to this day, but i could honestly see why a youngin wouldnt like or get it.

Made in 1977 – Really started in 1976.

BSherrod wrote:
    actually the prequels kinda sucked to me, because it was too Oh MY FUCKING GOD WE DO SPECIAL EFFECTS AT SKYWALKER RANCH LOOK AT THE LIFE LIKE SHIT, FUCK A STORY OR GOOD ACTING, I’M GEORGE LUCAS….BITCH!!!

You are a little harsh. If it wasn’t for the OT, George couldn’t be the Big Wig that he is today. As far as OT vs. PT, we can start another forum topic and throw down. But like I said before, Star Wars is like Van Halen. Many fans love the band. You have your Roth fans and you have your Hagar fans. Gary Sherone is the Holiday Special.

http://switchedonshow.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1568#1568

BSherrod
    Participant

Well I know when it was made, but I’m pretty sure they finished production in ’78 (could be wrong), Anyways, I was actually comparing the first episode of the OT to the PT. I mean i don’t have that many problems with Lucas because I’m a big fan, but not that big. I as a filmmaker have had some problems with him not giving his original cut of his films any justice. But his attitude toward them kinda irritates me, but only to a point.

Octavious
    Participant

^Movie came out May 25, 1977.

BSherrod
    Participant

really? . hahahaha. well i was completely worng. haha. I didn’t really look it up, i guess my memory is just off, then again I wasn’t born yet.

ElNacho
    Participant

i agree the plot of the saga is kickass and such. but episode IV is seriously friggin annoying. it’s a bad movie.

Octavious
    Participant

Your just young. Something us “older” people have to adjust.

Bucho
    Participant
    ElNacho wrote:
    And it sucks McFucking ass! Are you kidding me? That thing was painful to watch!
    I mean, cmon. It got a wee bit better as the movie progressed. But the actors sucked, the script sucked…Those ‘special effects’ were laughable…
    Darth Vader was really pathetic. Especially with his rare use of the force. Besides the one choking thing, and the lightsaber fight (do they always use force for that? or is it just like a normal swordfight, but with lightsabers?), he didnt use it at all. You think he would have for the knowledge of where the hidden base is (from leia), or somethin. But nope, we’re gonna make the movie suck.

PS C3PO needs to die a slow, painful death. R2 can jump in the hellfires that will consume him

Most of this I could agree to disagree dude, but Harrison Ford kicked ass.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

BSherrod
    Participant

I’m downloading dvdrips of the OT as we speak and the guy who made them a very high quality job and left in the 5.1 sound track, which excites me the most because I’m too cheap to buy the dvds , so i’ll just pirate them. haha.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.