:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Jerry, give us thine singer most profound

• Comments Off on Jerry, give us thine singer most profound

Jerry, give us thine singer most profound

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Jerry, give us thine singer most profound

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Bing
    Participant

One Singer, One Choice, No Alternatives
    Who?

(Bing will take Freddie Mercury)

What say you Sir Jerry?.

Frank
    Participant

That’s SO not fair picking Freddy Mercury first. Although I wasn’t invited to take this quiz, I’ll go ahead and do it anyway: Diamond David Lee Roth. I’ll let you all bicker amongst yourselves about which was better, Van Halen I, Van Halen II, Women and Children First, Diver Down or 1984. Of course, you can throw Fair Warning and 1984 in there as well. For me, it’s a toss up between Van Halen II, WACF and 1984.

So there.

Bing
    Participant

This is all true

Octavious
    Participant

Robert Plant

rob
    Participant

If you’re talking pure talent, I’d pick Sting, ’cause that dude can freakin’ sing. Robert Plant would definitely be up there for me, though…

And I may get stoned with boulders for saying this, but I really never thought that David Lee Roth stood out as a good singer. A good personality for a lead singer, sure, but then you could go with Mick Jagger for the same reason. I think they just fit the amazing music being played so well.

Armez
    Participant

Rick James bitch

Pa-ul
    Participant

Phil Collins.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Bucho
    Participant

Aretha Franklin.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

I’m with Pa-ul on this one. Phil Collins.

Rob’s pick is good, I knew it would be Sting, but it’s still good.

DLR is a great showman, and he can get up there at times, but I would not give him props for being one of the great singers in the biz. There are far better singers out there… Hell Lionel Richie can fucking sing.

Frank
    Participant

See, I misunderstood the question. After reading Bing’s choice of Freddy Mercury, I thought the point was to pick a singer who’d be the frontman for your band. If it was that, then yeah, Diamond Dave is still my pick. But he’s not the best singer in the world by any stretch of the means.

Singer, for me, wow, that’s a little more tough. I’m going to come out of left field for this one and go with Ian Moore. Sure, he’s not the best singer in the world, but you can hear how passionate he is about what he’s singing, etc.

For a female, because I like nothing more than a woman who can sing (and I mean sing, dammit, not some Brit-Jess-Christina hybrid) I’d go with Billie Holliday. I also like Dido’s voice, too.

Okay, that’s enough out of me for one day.

Octavious
    Participant
    Pa-ul wrote:
    Phil Collins.

Damn! Yes.

Jor-El
    Participant

This is a tough question indeed. And sorry I didn’t answer immediately. There are so may great and talented singers. And some are popular and some are not. Donny Osmand has/had? the perfection in terms of pitch, intonation etc… for many parts. Michael Anthony and Sting are great in layers and harmonies. The Beatles as a four piece. Freddy Mecury had an absolutely amazing Tenor I/Alto voice as well as Jon Anderson of YES. Collins and Gabriel have nice dirty gravel voices that I like. And of course you know who my all time favorite singer is. No other, Howard Jones. I was attracted to his beautiful voice before I knew who he was. But there are many close behind Howard but sound very similar. Tears for fear’s Roland Orzabal, Duran Duran’s Simon LeBon, Thompsin Twins’ Tom Bailey, The Cure’s Robert Smith (somehow I like his whining), Information Society’s Kurt Larson, OMD’s Andy McCluskey, When In Rome’s Clive Farrington and Andrew Mann (whichever sings ‘The Promise’). I could go on with these 80’s icons but they are only second.

Howard Jones is my all time favorite male vocalist.

I like titties.

djohnson
    Participant

Doug Pinnick – King’s X. No question. No arguing.

Bucho
    Participant

I like Tom Waits the best. Also Sam Cooke, Nina Simone and Roy Orbison.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Participant
    Jor-El wrote:
    …Collins and Gabriel have nice dirty gravel voices that I like.

I agree. Didn’t realize how much Collins’ voice sounded good until I heard the bad re-make of In the Air Tonight – Miami Vice movie soundtrack.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.