:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

JCVDWTF?!?

• Comments Off on JCVDWTF?!?

JCVDWTF?!?

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder JCVDWTF?!?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Participant

It’s been a long time since I thought of paying to see a Jean Claude film in the cinema but this one would have me at least maybe flicking a coin to decide. Of all the people I’d want to see giving themselves the Curb Your Enthusiasm/Fat Actress treatment he’s the last guy I ever would’ve thought of and maybe that’s what’s compelling about it. I know me old cobber Robby “I Hate Bloodsport And Kickboxer” Michaels won’t be in line with me but … am I crazy for at least being intigued?

Bruce Campbell has one coming out in the same genre. I mean, I guess it could be called a genre.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/jcvd/

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/mynameisbruce/.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

I’d not heard of this JCVD movie, but it looks like t could really be a fantastic little movie. I’m a fan of seeing this as of right now.

On the Bruce Campbell movie, this one looks a little too dumb-silly for me. There is plenty of typical BC style comedy it looks like, but then there is that level of humor that seems so dumbed down that it just annoys me. Some if has a real Disney TV feel (in terms of comedy). I think people will forgive it just because they Like Bruce. I know several people that this quality would annoy in any other film, but mark my words (when I ask them) it won’t bother them at all in this movie. They’ll make excuses for it because they are fans.

The blue/white splittie bus caught my eye in multiple sequences in the trailer.

Version3
    Keymaster

BTW: I guess it’s been a couple of months since I’ve gone to the Apple trailers site (I use Front Row most of the time)… I’m really digging the JavaScript layer approach they are taking to displaying the trailers. It looks great and works fast. I’m using this on my portfolio site these days.

Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, the Apple site is my favourite for trailers even though I’m PC scum and don’t have a real ipod. I think you nailed it on the Bruce Campbell movie, it looks fun enough but nothing inspired or inspiring. Especially when you stick it alongside what JCVD could turn out like if it pulls off what it seems to be going for.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

digitaltopia
    Participant

I love Bruce Campbell in a very non-California non-gay way, but I have to agree this may be a bit too much. It’s like in his other movies the focus of the movie isn’t him per se’, there’s supposed to be some plot or some point to it so the Bruce Campbell comedy fits. But in this one, even though it attempts to have a plot, because he’s really the focus of the movie it goes so over the top in his style of comedy it seems a bit silly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.