:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

It's Time to Buzz the Tower

• Comments Off on It's Time to Buzz the Tower

It's Time to Buzz the Tower

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder It's Time to Buzz the Tower

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Rob’s mentioned a bunch of times on his solo show that he used to nerd out about military jets, and I used to do the same thing. Over the years I’ve done it less and less but recently stumbled across The Fighter Pilot Podcast, and also this Aircrew Interview YouTube channel. I know you love your Tube Robby, so maybe this’ll be something you’re into, maybe not, but I figured I’d bung it up here in case you or anyone else around the joint may be into it.

This particular one is with this dude “Dozer” who was an F-15 jockey, went to Air Force Fighter Weapons School (USAF version of Top Gun), shot down a MiG-29 over Kosovo during the Balkans conflict and was one of the very first lead pilots in the development of air-to-air tactics for the F-22. I don’t know if that competes with your beloved Hali or with any of the vape-based channels, but here it is anyway.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Woah, slow down guys, this thread moves so fast I can’t keep up.

Here’s another fun one. I freakin’ love listening to these F-14 guys, that plane was pure sex.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Best flight sim of all time incoming?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

This game looks like pure sex

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Do you need some time alone with F-14?

This is not the trailer for Top Gun:Maverick, right?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

You never have time alone with an F-14, it’s always a threesome.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Curious what an experienced Twitch watcher like you would make of these Grim Reapers vids on YouTube Robby, I’ve been watching this channel for a month or so and find them real entertaining. I’m sure squadron leader “Cap” has nothing on your beloved Hali but I find him real fun to listen to, and you start to get a feel for the personalities and abilities of the other guys in the squadron the more you listen.

I haven’t played the game yet but it looks like sex and the hardcore immersion of it fascinates me. It requires a fair amount of outlay in gear (HOTAS rig, VR set etc) and as a proper sim also requires one to not be a dummy when it comes to learning actual flight and weapons systems, but this is the most tempted I’ve been to get back into gaming for aeons.

They can be pretty long vids though, so I often watch them in chunks. I’ll get it if you don’t have time to fit them in amongst your Hali lovefests but given your fascination with both fighter jets and gaming there’s a chance this could be right up your alley.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I like realism and all, but whoa. This is WAY too realistic. I don’t think I could handle playing a game like this, but I will say, even though particle effects aren’t too great (explosions and such) and some of the phsyics are a bit off (like the jumping of the planes when they land), it’s super impressive. I scanned through this entire video and enjoyed watching what I did, but yeah, just not my bag. I guess for flying games, I like it to be somewhere between something like this and something like Ace Combat, where it’s more just about the thrill of flying and shooting stuff – all the boring stuff like getting to the arena or taking off and landing – all that’s skipped.

I do think it’d be interesting for stuff like this in VR though – along with this super-technical version of flying, the new Ace Combat has a VR mode that I haven’t played yet. I did play that Star Wars flying around in an X-Wing VR Mission, and even that gave me the butterflies a bit (I was flipping around everywhere and just being an idiot), so I can imagine that the Ace Combat one probably feels much different.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Until I found these DCS vids I never really got the thing about video games as a spectator sport, at least not when it comes to watching people you don’t know. I mean, it was always fun to watch you, because it was you, or other online buddies, but discovering and watching the Grim Reapers, who I’ve never interacted with, and getting to “know” the “characters” like Cap and Signore and the gang, and follow their development as “flyers” and their explorations of this insanely deep and intricately modeled virtual jet fighter world, I’m starting to understand your love of watching folks like Hali on Twitch.

I’ve also always loved the nuances and subtleties of the take off and landing stuff, all the way back to F-19 and A-10 Cuba. Throw in the extra crazy challenge of landing on carriers and it’s on like Donkey Kong.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.