:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

iPod touch…

• Comments Off on iPod touch…

iPod touch…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder iPod touch…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

I want one.

Newman
    Participant

I’d want one if I actually used my current iPod, and if Apple actually let us download full movies from the iTunes store with a Canadian CC…dam Apple.

Looks kinda sexy tho.

**also note the price drop on the iPhone**

Scatt
    Participant

What I royally hate about iPod is that the technology improves, but the storage capacity suffers. Fuck that. It pisses me off. I’m not a casual iPod user, I’m a hardcore daily user with a lot of music. The only reason I don’t want an iPhone is because the storage is 8gb. I sure could use and enjoy the internet and the cellphone aspect, but I want something I can replace my current iPod as well. It defeats the whole purpose of why mp3 players are great in the first place when you have to pick and choose and load up every time you go out. That’s why I hate them these days, the technology moves forward, but I can’t enjoy it because don’t want to buy something that isn’t as good at being an mp3 player as my now-aged iPod.

Hey, I looked it up right now to make sure my facts are straight, the Apple site says it’s $399.00? I thought people were complaining because it was six hundred dollars.

El Rustirino
    Participant

The 8 gig model is 299 bucks, the 16 is 399

I dunno, I want one supersuperbad. My entire music library is two gigs, but I want to expand my horizons (read: get more reel big fish and Cake albums), and 8 gigs may not fit that horizon. Maybe I’ll just go for one of the ipod classics. Cheaper, and they hold up to 160 GIGS. i dunno. I do already have a PSP for the internet and that sort of thing

rob
    Participant

The reason for the limit is because the iPod touch doesn’t have a hard drive, it has a flash drive. Better battery life, size, and no moving parts. This is why it’s more expensive and much much smaller. 16 gb isn’t that bad, it just means I couldn’t put EVERYTHING on it. I had a 4 gb nano for about 6 months, and a 4 gb mini for about two years, and never would you hear a complaint from me. I listen to nine inch nails, tool, and Harry Potter audiobooks, so for me, it’s the mcfuckin fatty-bo-batty shiznit.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Classic has better battery life actually

Now that I’ve done my research, I’m all up on the Classic. Gimme that shit.

Octavious
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    The reason for the limit is because the iPod touch doesn’t have a hard drive, it has a flash drive. Better battery life, size, and no moving parts. This is why it’s more expensive and much much smaller. 16 gb isn’t that bad, it just means I couldn’t put EVERYTHING on it. I had a 4 gb nano for about 6 months, and a 4 gb mini for about two years, and never would you hear a complaint from me. I listen to nine inch nails, tool, and Harry Potter audiobooks, so for me, it’s the mcfuckin fatty-bo-batty shiznit.

I have an 4GB nano, then the video iPod came out. So the 8GB will do just fine for me, and yes I am getting one.

Scatt
    Participant

It didn’t even occur to me that it would have a flash drive. Then, 16gb for a flash drive is pretty good, BUT! They need to evolve flash drives quicker, man. That would be sort of funny to have a spinning motor in your phone. “What’s that buzzing?”, “Huh? I can’t hear it”, “It’s fucking blowing my eardrums!”

El Rustirino
    Participant

Those nanos are actually kinda cool too. I was never a huge nano guy, always mini, but I think it’s pretty nice.

Pa-ul
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    The reason for the limit is because the iPod touch doesn’t have a hard drive, it has a flash drive. Better battery life, size, and no moving parts. This is why it’s more expensive and much much smaller. 16 gb isn’t that bad, it just means I couldn’t put EVERYTHING on it.

Samsung/Sandisk have a 2.5 inch 160Gb flash drive. If you strip it down, it’s bound to fit into the itouch (which to me looks very like the iphone)

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Bing
    Participant

You bitches wish you was me…I’m rockin’ a 128mb Nomad mp3 Player!

ROCK ON!!!!

Scatt
    Participant

Dude I had the Nomad Zen Xtra for years. It was my first mp3 player. It was a 30gb though, and so I would have thrown it in frustration by now, but it ended up loosing it’s audio jack slowly; one channel at a time. I remember having music in only one ear for like a month.

Version3
    Keymaster
    Pa-ul wrote:
    Samsung/Sandisk have a 2.5 inch 160Gb flash drive. If you strip it down, it’s bound to fit into the itouch (which to me looks very like the iphone)

Huh? Samsung has a 120GB and even 160GB 1.8″ drive, but I don’t think anyone can put 160GB of Flash into a sub Trillion dollar package. NAND is too expensive for that. iPods are using 1.8’s these days aren’t they?

salad
    Participant

I totally agree with scat here… I hate how awesome technology comes at the expense of storage capacity… i have over 28 gigs of music and I’m not BSing you when I say I listen to almost all of it at one time or another… I’m the kind of guy who will listen to shit he hasn’t listened to in like forever… so I want to have ALL of my collection all the time… iPhone… what’s the point of it if I’d have to carry my iPod anyways because everything doesn’t fit in it too? iPod touch… why not sacrifice a bit more space and double de memory to 32 gigs to replace the regular iPod? for now I think I’m gonna go with the 160 gb classic… it’s still sexy and can hold infinite amounts of music and video…

Pa-ul
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    Pa-ul wrote:

Huh? Samsung has a 120GB and even 160GB 1.8″ drive, but I don’t think anyone can put 160GB of Flash into a sub Trillion dollar package. NAND is too expensive for that. iPods are using 1.8’s these days aren’t they?

I saw this one http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/09/20/conventional_hard_drive_obsoletism/ , then did a bit of scooting around.

Some sites have done head to head comparisons using Hdd Vs. Ssd.

(So instead of the dreaded clicking, you get a pop)

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.