:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Intend on bringing Voicemails back?

• Comments Off on Intend on bringing Voicemails back?

Intend on bringing Voicemails back?

Latest Replies Forums Show Comments and Feedback Intend on bringing Voicemails back?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    El Rustirino
    Participant

So, I’ve been listening back at a few of my favorite shows, and I’ve realized that, while mine were never that great quality-wise, I loved leaving voicemails, and I’d really enjoy leaving ’em again. I suspect there’s a reason that you haven’t brought it back up, so I was just curious as to what that was.

Version3
    Keymaster

I’ve been unemployed for the better part of 16 months…

Maybe, at some point again. We’ll see. In the meantime, you can always email audio files. 🙂

El Rustirino
    Participant

Oh, totally forgot that you guys paid for the service.

Alrighty then

Bucho
    Participant

@Version3 40898 wrote:

… you can always email audio files. 🙂

This is perfect for you Rustirino, record yourself this way and then you can listen back and decide if it’s really good enough to go up on the show, maybe even edit it if some of it’s good but other parts are too unfocused, before you send it. Because even though you recognize that you left some pretty bad voicemails on those old shows they weren’t all bad, you have some funny in you and a good healthy enthusiasm that’s great. The best voicemails (unless they’re from Bing, who’s somehow made rambling an hilarious artform) are always the ones that have a good idea at the core and stay pretty focused on it and don’t go too long.

So whenever a funny idea or an interesting story pops into your head, write down the points you want to make, be sure you’re level-headed and don’t sound like you’ve just drunk 28 cups of coffee, and hit record.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

Nah, don’t over think it. Just relax, and let ‘er rip. Your VMs would be much more boring if we didn’t have something to pick on you about.

Bucho
    Participant

Or, just relax and let ‘er rip. And then listen back the next day and cut out anything that doesn’t make you laugh?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.