:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Inglorious Basterds

• Comments Off on Inglorious Basterds

Inglorious Basterds

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Inglorious Basterds

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Participant

Three very short clips from QT’s new cinematic extravaganza have turned up on Youtube. It debuts tomorrow in Cannes and hits wide 21 August.

http://www.youtube.com/user/reelbasterd

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    Participant

Yep. One of the few movies I’m really looking forward to…

Bucho
    Participant

Another new clip, introduced by Tarantino.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/inglourious-basterds.html?showVideo=1

I have to say, the more I’ve seen and thought about this film as it approaches release date the less impressed I am with the idea of setting QT’s trademark comic violence in a historical war context. These clips and the trailer leave somewhat of a bad taste, and not just because of the hammy acting.

Ivan
    Participant

@rob 39699 wrote:

Yep. One of the few movies I’m really looking forward to…

THIS

Bucho
    Participant

I saw it. The first scene blew my socks off, then put them back on then blew them off again. About 15 times. It’s damn near cinema perfection.

Unfortunately for the rest of the film it was impossible for me to not feel like I was watching a super-nerd show off his mad-skillz and so I was sort of outside the movie just admiring brilliant technique instead of feeling the things those techiniques were designed to make me feel. I’ve heard a lot of stories of audiences cheering at the end of the film, exhilarated by the climactic final act and epilogue, but I just felt like I was watching a meticulously choreographed cartoon. It’s a brilliantly made film in terms of pure cinema-dork spectacle, and I still love Tarantino for making it, but it has very little heart.

But that first chapter … su-fucking-perb.

Larkitect
    Participant

awesome. looking forward to this. i’ve heard a lot of people say the first scene is amazing.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Larkitect
    Participant

okay, so i finally sat down and watched this. amazing.

you love or hate tarantino based on his dialogue scenes in his movies. i love tarantino’s dialogue scenes. this movie is a clinic on tension and release and how to avoid audience fatigue.

brad pitt’s character was fantastic.

i can’t say enough good things about this movie. the multi-linguistic actors were a brilliant choice. especially the main german officer and his german, english, french and italian. and i do well to remember “baño por favor” and “mas frijoles”.

tarantino is hilarious. he made a fantasy/revenge film with the singular purpose of showing hitler being torn apart by gunfire. and i applaud him for it.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.