:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Indiana Jones IV talk! Might be spoilery…

• Comments Off on Indiana Jones IV talk! Might be spoilery…

Indiana Jones IV talk! Might be spoilery…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Indiana Jones IV talk! Might be spoilery…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

Okay — Lucas just said this about Indy IV in the new issue of Empire:

Quote:
    “I discovered a McGuffin,” continues Lucas, still reluctant to name said McGuffin. “I told the guys about it and they were a little dubious about it, but it’s the best one we’ve ever found… Unfortunately, it was a little too ‘connected’ for the others. They were afraid of what the critics would think. They said, “Can’t we do it with a different McGuffin? Can’t we do this?” and I said “No”. So we pottered around with that for a couple of years. And then Harrison really wanted to do it and Steve said, “Okay”. I said, “We’ll have to go back to that original MacGuffin and take out the offending parts of it and we’ll still use that area of the supernatural do deal with it”.

Any thoughts on what it might be? It’s almost sure to be a religious artifact, known for its supernatural qualities. I’ve been racking my brain, and I can’t think of anything that would be both well known and offensive. It’s almost common knowledge that Hitler was into supernatural artifacts — is it something he actually acquired? The nails that held Jesus on the cross? Nope, not supernatural, and not really offensive. Noah’s Ark? Nah. Can’t be the Ten Commandments — they’re not supernatural, really — and none of these things are offensive. Shit, I don’t know. What do you guys think?

Frank
    Participant

What about The Spear of Destiny, or Longinus’ Spear. I’ve seen on one of the “educational networks” (Discovery, TLC, etc) that it was believed that whomever possessed the spear had everlasting life and enough power to choke an elephant. I dunno, just my two cents.

Spoilery … I like it. I think we should use that word more often. Like whatever happened to people wishing a pox on someone? Like, “Oh, a pox on you!” that sort of thing? And for that matter, whatever happened to Crystal Pepsi? I liked it, dammit! Bring back the good shit!

Version3
    Keymaster

Speaking of the Pepsi’s… I loved Tropical Pepsi. As far as the Indy stuff above, I can’t figure out what the fuck he’s talking about!

rob
    Participant

Yeah, but are either one of those really offensive? I don’t think so…but hey, I don’t know.

And I liked Crystal Pepsi, too, but not enough to fret its demise. But I’m all about the Santa Fe Chalupas, and they’re not around anymore, and it pisses me off!

Frank
    Participant

I miss the freaking Club Chalupas. Those things were like crack! Then they came out with that craptastic Crunchwrap Supreme which tastes terrible. Anyway, yeah, there we go again. Let’ start an official “Bring back the good shit” thread … 😆

Pa-ul
    Participant

I watched a film on the Television the other day called “The Librarian: Quest for the Spear”. It was like a low budget version of an Indy movie.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.