:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

imac as my tv

• Comments Off on imac as my tv

imac as my tv

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge imac as my tv

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mike3point14159
    Participant

I just got this eyetv thing for my computer and I love it. It is pretty much a tivo for your computer. Setup was a no brainer, even for me. And I havent watched a commercial in 3 days.

I love the feature where you can start recording something and go do something else for a while and then start watching what you are still recording, and skip the commercials when they come up. I watched the live UFC fights last night, the show was 2 hours, but with all the skipping of commercials and the talking between fights, it only took 45 minutes to watch.

I chose the version that has the external device do all the encoding work so the program only takes up about 5% of processor power.

It can even convert it to ipod format if you want. A one hour show ends up being a little over 1 gig in size, when in the raw format, I havent converted anything to ipod yet so I dont know how much it shrinks.
    I’m glad I got the 500 gig hard drive when I got this computer.

218893094_a009d3b80b_o.jpg.

Bing
    Participant

That’s it, you guys have made me decide to go Mac on my next computer. You got all them cool shits on mac and the neatest thing I got over here is……..

….um…..

…that thing that…well…..

…shut up….

(stuck in PC hell)
    -bing

BSherrod
    Participant

This is exactly what I was looking for. Next stop Cinema Display and a trip to the porr house.

Pa-ul
    Participant

Maybe when I’m all grown up and earning a lot of money I’ll be able to afford a PC to play my games on and a Mac to do all the serious stuff with.

There’s a slogan for Apple right there.

Macintosh : The thinking mans computer.
    Macintosh : The right choice for business.

Or

Macintosh : For when it starts raining. 😀

Sorry for the last one, I could’nt resist it, and I’m not anti-apple.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.