:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

I’ma kick George’s Flannel Ass

• Comments Off on I’ma kick George’s Flannel Ass

I’ma kick George’s Flannel Ass

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder I’ma kick George’s Flannel Ass

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bing
    Participant
    rob
    Participant

Yeah, no surprise there. George is a whore.

ElNacho
    Participant

i kinda skimmed. was it saying, basically, “the dvds coming out are pieces of shit”?

rob
    Participant

Like I said toward the end of the last SW DVD thread, they’ll be in non-anamorphic widescreen. Basically, they just won’t look as good. They’ll look about as good as the 1993 Laserdiscs. They won’t look anywhere close to as vibrant and smooth as the previous DVDs.

ROSS
    Participant

But isn’t that the whole reason for getting the Original versions on DVD anyway, to experience Star Wars the way it was back in the day, when it was first released. If your after pristine sound, and picture quality, go and buy the special edition Star Wars DVDs. I know it sucks that it wont be great in widescreen mode, but I suppose its not exactly the end of the world! Because after all, “the fans” asked for original, so they got original, only pehaps a little too original than what they were expecting, but frankly, I can live with not being able to see the old versions of the OT in widescreen, because thats what the Special Edition DVDs are there for.

Jor-El
    Participant

They just didn’t want to spend much money on it it sounds like. But a way to rake in more money. Let’s see…

Lucas Film
    Lucas Arts
    Industrial Light & Magic
    Skywalker Sound/THX
    Lucas Learning

Everyone should agree that Lucas is making enough money. Therefore I can see no reason to NEED to profit from the OT DVDs. But I guess it’s a matter of interest to hire a group of peope to restore that particular movie. but Would you really have to do that much? Isn’t the heaviest percentage of the restoration done? There would only be the unaltered scenes that would need to be worked on. But I guess that would involve spending some money.

I like titties.

Pa-ul
    Participant
    Jor-El wrote:
    Lucas Learning.

Techie “Okay George, this is a laserdisc.”
    George “Oooh, it’s shiny.”
    Techie “It’s kind of like a Vinyl record, No George take it of the phono player.”
    🙂

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

rob
    Participant

Nah, I think he’s holding it back. Or it could be to save face, since he said that the originals didn’t exist. For more, read the 5/19 post on http://www.thedigitalbits.com. He really goes into a lot of detail about what Lucasfilm has said about why no non-anamorphic.

Ross, it’s not that it won’t be widescreen, it just won’t be anamorphic. Look at the last two images on this page. You can see the difference in the size of the image. If you have a 16X9 TV, you’ll have to zoom in to the image to get it to fit the screen, so the quality of the image will be just a tad better than laserdisc. It’s just frustrating.

Bing
    Participant
    Pa-ul wrote:
    Jor-El wrote:
    Lucas Learning.

Techie “Okay George, this is a laserdisc.”
    George “Oooh, it’s shiny.”
    Techie “It’s kind of like a Vinyl record, No George take it of the phono player.”
    🙂

Sounds about right

ROSS
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    Nah, I think he’s holding it back. Or it could be to save face, since he said that the originals didn’t exist. For more, read the 5/19 post on http://www.thedigitalbits.com. He really goes into a lot of detail about what Lucasfilm has said about why no non-anamorphic.

Ross, it’s not that it won’t be widescreen, it just won’t be anamorphic. Look at the last two images on this page. You can see the difference in the size of the image. If you have a 16X9 TV, you’ll have to zoom in to the image to get it to fit the screen, so the quality of the image will be just a tad better than laserdisc. It’s just frustrating.

Oh, right, now I can see how that sucks. That sure is frustrating!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.