:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

I’m so fucking depressed right now.

• Comments Off on I’m so fucking depressed right now.

I’m so fucking depressed right now.

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge I’m so fucking depressed right now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    El Rustirino
    Participant

I know this isn’t the place for politics, but this is all I’ve been thinking about.

America takes a really big step forward. Really huge.

Then my own state fucking passes a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.

I hope everyone who voted yes on this proposition burn in a hell that I don’t believe in. I hope they realize that they’re prejudiced assholes that should have their right to vote revoked.

I feel like shit..

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, I kept looking for an update on that last night when I was watching the election results, and never saw anything on it until it popped up on a local forum. I’m really very surprised by the results, and just can’t believe that even those that don’t believe in gay marriage actually felt threatened enough to waste time, lawmaking effort and campaigning on something that really just threatens their little world. I know during the course of SOS we fucked around and made a lot of jokes, but none of us really have anything against any one group, that we don’t have against everyone. Passing laws against a specific group is severe prejudice. I think the whole thing is just senseless.

Bucho
    Participant

I really respect your passion about this Rusty. The question now is whether you think that fire in your belly can be used to help the people you want to help, even in some small way, or whether you will stand aside and let this thing that you see as wrong slide on by.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    Participant

Big talk, there, Bucho. I mean, what have you done lately? Well, except for that life-changing stint in Brazil building schools for underprivileged…oh.

El Rustirino
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    Passing laws against a specific group is severe prejudice. I think the whole thing is just senseless.

This is how I feel.

Also, Bucho, thanks.

By the way, I was talking about this on another forum, and one of my favorite members posts this:

Quote:
    Oh wow, I honestly did not expect this to happen.

Whaddaya know, people in one of the most liberal laces in the world still have some moral integrity. Well actually, now that I think about it, I wouldn’t have cared too much if gay marriage stayed legal.

It’s the act of being homosexual that is wrong, not gay marriage. In a perfect world, the next step would be to make homosexuality illegal. Yeah, I know, that’s never going to happen, but it really should.

I just felt like shit at this point.

thx_1227
    Participant

I am just going to stay out of this one…

Version3
    Keymaster

I think it’s weird that personal beliefs (probably religious) dictate lawmaking… not an actual sense of right and wrong. I should add that I don’t support being gay or doing anything gay, or talking all gay (like the stereotypical gay guys feel like they have to do). I’m not opposed to it either (except for that last point, because it’s just fucking stupid). I just don’t want people to annoy me with it by sticking it (their choice or their actions) in my face all of the time. Being married doesn’t do that. I really don’t think that this kind of ban is THAT much different than if a group attempted to ban marriages between cultures, or religions. It’s degrees of separation from where I sit.

I should add that nobody should want to be married. 😛 Oh, and that I fully expect the seriousness of this thread to be heavily offset by funny elsewhere on this site.

rob
    Participant

To use your idea, Bryan, and to paraphrase Bill Hicks:

“Anyone DUMB enough to want to get married should be allowed to.”

El Rustirino
    Participant

Bryan, I agree, but I feel the same way about macho womanizing doucheheads. That sort of thing applies to anything, really.

Of course, this shouldn’t keep gay people from making jokes about being gay or whatever. Like black people joke about black people, straight people, etc etc.

Everyone should just chill.

I’m straight, by the way. I just feel incredibly strongly about this because of the prejudice involved.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.