:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

I’m going to gripe for a few minutes

• Comments Off on I’m going to gripe for a few minutes

I’m going to gripe for a few minutes

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge I’m going to gripe for a few minutes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

I will start this post by saying that it is not my intention on offending/upsetting anyone here. I don’t think that this will, but I do want to go ahead and say that before I begin.

With that being said, I am sick and fucking tired of what’s going on in the news lately.

Today, we were bombarded with “Who’s Anna Nicole’s baby daddy??” (which I think was the headline on the CNN Web site) and “Imus is a sexist bigot.”

Is there absolutely nothing else in world going on that might be more important, say like a war, that would actually count as news? And here’s my rant on each:

Who gives a flying fuck about Anna Nicole Smith’s baby? The non-stop media barrage has gone on long enough. She overdosed. It was sad but oh well. It happens. It has happened to better people and there hasn’t been this much coverage of it. And, as much as I like Keith Olbermann, I’m sick and tired of seeing her picture plastered on MSNBC with the phrase “America’s Rose” beneath her. Come on!!! America’s Rose? Are they forgetting this is Anna Nicole Smith??? Did you see her diary pages? The ones that are going to be auctioned off for hundreds of thousands of dollars? She couldn’t spell. She couldn’t put together a complete sentence. She was about as smart as a dim 10 watt light bulb. Why do we fucking care?? Answer is, there are enough people out there who enjoy watching a good train wreck (IE the people who spend good money on tabloids making shit up about the media). People watching all of this feel a little better about themselves, so ratings go up when the media covers it. And there it is. Enough about Anna Nicole Smith and the rest of this shit.

And now, the whole Imus affair. I don’t really care for Imus all that much. Never really listened to his show, but I know that he at some point in time has made fun of or picked on everyone of every gender out there. He goes on the air and calls the Rutgers womens basketball team a bunch of “nappy headed hos.” Should he have said it? Probably not. But thanks to living in this wonderful country, he has a right to say that. What really bothers me is that it appears that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the only two people in the world who can talk for the black community. Every single time there’s some offense against blacks, they’re right in front of the cameras. What I don’t get is that if an old white man says this, they’re going to be calling for his head. But when rappers portray black women in a negative light in their songs, they win awards. What gives? There was a group of the Rainbow/Push Coalition (Jackson’s group) protesting outside NBC demanding Imus be fired. I don’t see any protests outside of Snoop Dogg’s house, or Kanye West’s house, or Dr. Dre’s house, etc. I’m tired of the double standard here. The black community demands equality, yet at the same time they have the Black Miss America Pageant, the NAACP and other groups and events that segregate themselves. I’m all for equality and think that all men are created equal. But don’t ask to be treated equally, but special.

Okay, I’m through. Sorry if I upset anyone but this is something that’s been on my mind all day today. Let’s get back to what is actually real news, like when our troops are coming home or when Bush will decide to invade Iran (you know it’s coming).

Frank
    Participant

I will start this post by saying that it is not my intention on offending/upsetting anyone here. I don’t think that this will, but I do want to go ahead and say that before I begin.

With that being said, I am sick and fucking tired of what’s going on in the news lately.

Today, we were bombarded with “Who’s Anna Nicole’s baby daddy??” (which I think was the headline on the CNN Web site) and “Imus is a sexist bigot.”

Is there absolutely nothing else in world going on that might be more important, say like a war, that would actually count as news? And here’s my rant on each:

Who gives a flying fuck about Anna Nicole Smith’s baby? The non-stop media barrage has gone on long enough. She overdosed. It was sad but oh well. It happens. It has happened to better people and there hasn’t been this much coverage of it. And, as much as I like Keith Olbermann, I’m sick and tired of seeing her picture plastered on MSNBC with the phrase “America’s Rose” beneath her. Come on!!! America’s Rose? Are they forgetting this is Anna Nicole Smith??? Did you see her diary pages? The ones that are going to be auctioned off for hundreds of thousands of dollars? She couldn’t spell. She couldn’t put together a complete sentence. She was about as smart as a dim 10 watt light bulb. Why do we fucking care?? Answer is, there are enough people out there who enjoy watching a good train wreck (IE the people who spend good money on tabloids making shit up about the media). People watching all of this feel a little better about themselves, so ratings go up when the media covers it. And there it is. Enough about Anna Nicole Smith and the rest of this shit.

And now, the whole Imus affair. I don’t really care for Imus all that much. Never really listened to his show, but I know that he at some point in time has made fun of or picked on everyone of every gender out there. He goes on the air and calls the Rutgers womens basketball team a bunch of “nappy headed hos.” Should he have said it? Probably not. But thanks to living in this wonderful country, he has a right to say that. What really bothers me is that it appears that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the only two people in the world who can talk for the black community. Every single time there’s some offense against blacks, they’re right in front of the cameras. What I don’t get is that if an old white man says this, they’re going to be calling for his head. But when rappers portray black women in a negative light in their songs, they win awards. What gives? There was a group of the Rainbow/Push Coalition (Jackson’s group) protesting outside NBC demanding Imus be fired. I don’t see any protests outside of Snoop Dogg’s house, or Kanye West’s house, or Dr. Dre’s house, etc. I’m tired of the double standard here. The black community demands equality, yet at the same time they have the Black Miss America Pageant, the NAACP and other groups and events that segregate themselves. I’m all for equality and think that all men are created equal. But don’t ask to be treated equally, but special.

Okay, I’m through. Sorry if I upset anyone but this is something that’s been on my mind all day today. Let’s get back to what is actually real news, like when our troops are coming home or when Bush will decide to invade Iran (you know it’s coming).

rob
    Participant

Frank — I love it. The fact is, it makes too much sense. Where would we be as a country, as a people, if we treated everyone equally?

I discussed a similar topic with my wife today. That if you think about it, too much TV, too many movies, laws, and so-called special interest groups do more to point out our differences, and allows this ridiculous stuff to continue.

I’d love to see your opinion on a news show. It’d be hard to refute.

rob
    Participant

Frank — I love it. The fact is, it makes too much sense. Where would we be as a country, as a people, if we treated everyone equally?

I discussed a similar topic with my wife today. That if you think about it, too much TV, too many movies, laws, and so-called special interest groups do more to point out our differences, and allows this ridiculous stuff to continue.

I’d love to see your opinion on a news show. It’d be hard to refute.

YouFollowMe
    Participant

I agree with you all the way, Frank. It’s ridiculous how much coverage is devoted to “soft” news such as WHO’S HER BABY’S DADDY? Honestly, regular news channels these days are starting to look like the Jerry Springer Show.

YouFollowMe
    Participant

I agree with you all the way, Frank. It’s ridiculous how much coverage is devoted to “soft” news such as WHO’S HER BABY’S DADDY? Honestly, regular news channels these days are starting to look like the Jerry Springer Show.

Bing
    Participant

Yesterday 2 guys at work said pretty much the same thing that Frank just said.

Except they are both black

All I want to know is who the hell is “Firelll”

newt1imus1wedap.jpg

Bing
    Participant

Yesterday 2 guys at work said pretty much the same thing that Frank just said.

Except they are both black

All I want to know is who the hell is “Firelll”

newt1imus1wedap.jpg

Bing
    Participant

Bryan and all

please go watch this BS

this guy says he wants to kill all white people. No news stories, no boycotts, nothing.

nappy headed hoes vs murder….
    yeah, nappy is worse I guess

http://www.break.com/index/double_standard.html

Bing
    Participant

Bryan and all

please go watch this BS

this guy says he wants to kill all white people. No news stories, no boycotts, nothing.

nappy headed hoes vs murder….
    yeah, nappy is worse I guess

http://www.break.com/index/double_standard.html

Bucho
    Participant

I hear you Frank. The worst thing for me isn’t that it’s in the papers’ front pages it’s when you tune into a talk radio host you respect and they have some correspondent on and are wasting airtime on this shit. There’s always going to be an audience, and therefore outlets, for the lowbrow bullshit but what sucks the most is when the ones you go to to escape that bollocks are mired in the same exact same crap you’re so sick of.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Participant

I hear you Frank. The worst thing for me isn’t that it’s in the papers’ front pages it’s when you tune into a talk radio host you respect and they have some correspondent on and are wasting airtime on this shit. There’s always going to be an audience, and therefore outlets, for the lowbrow bullshit but what sucks the most is when the ones you go to to escape that bollocks are mired in the same exact same crap you’re so sick of.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Frank
    Participant

Okay, I really dislike this person, mainly because she notoriously gets her information wrong, but here, she hits the whole Imus thing on the head:

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/007286.htm

Frank
    Participant

Okay, I really dislike this person, mainly because she notoriously gets her information wrong, but here, she hits the whole Imus thing on the head:

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/007286.htm

rob
    Participant

Right on!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.