:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

i love you rob

• Comments Off on i love you rob

i love you rob

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder i love you rob

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Larkitect
    Participant

the fountain is one of my all-time favorite movies. i only know a few people who have actually seen it and of those, none of them like it. so it was just nice to hear someone say something good about it.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

rob
    Participant

I need to go off one that one a bit. Maybe on one of my mini-shows…

Version3
    Keymaster

I liked much of it… but never really came away from it saying “Now there’s a movie I want to rub down in exotic oils and and hump in a very public place… like a skating rink on field trip Wed” -kids love a good show.

Larkitect
    Participant

there is also a commentary by the director floating around the net. the studio wouldn’t let him do one for the dvd or blu-ray, so he fired up the recorder at his house and made his own.

i think the reason i like the movie so much is that its so hard to find a director willing (and able) to tell the story he wants to tell in the way he wants to tell it without spoon-feeding the audience endless (pointless?) exposition because the studio is afraid of alienating all the sheeple. there are intellectually matrue movie viewers (3 of them in this thread right now) that are not afraid of a movie like this.

i’m just a huge fan of movies. i even loved transformers but i know what kind of movie it is. i’m in on the joke so it doesn’t bother me when people lump me in with the casual movie crowd that thinks a movie is great because of eye candy. i will watch a movie because of eye candy but i don’t think a movie is good or bad because of (or a lack of) eye candy or a formulaic story.

Bucho
    Participant

Speaking of directors who are willing (and able) to tell the story he wants to tell in the way he wants to tell it without spoon-feeding the audience endless (pointless?) exposition because the studio is afraid of alienating all the sheeple, how do you like David Lynch’s films Lark?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Larkitect
    Participant

excellent example bucho. david lynch is one such director. hard to believe the same man that gave us eraserhead also gave us the straight story. never cared for twin peaks though.

i’m sort of indifferent to him as a director. i’m not rushing to see everything he does, but i’m also not going to skip something attached to his name. but definitely a thumbs up as far as director intent reaching the screen. which isn’t hard to believe for such a prolific writer/producer.

but i’m just really dialed in to darren aronofsky. pi, requiem for a dream, the fountain, the wrestler, i’m just a huge fan of the way he makes films and not just his film content.

Larkitect
    Participant

you brought up lynch and i just saw a trailer for a movie called surveillance directed by his daughter jennifer. it looks pretty good.

Bucho
    Participant

I just heard yesterday Aronofsky is probably off the Robocop remake, that’s a shame because he’s one of the few directors who could make it as interesting as Verhoeven did. On the plus side he’s doing Black Swan with Natalie Portman and it sounds pretty interesting.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.