:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

I love OS X…

• Comments Off on I love OS X…

I love OS X…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder I love OS X…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

I just thought this was cool — a lady came in wanting to know how to hook up her USB aircard to her Macbook. We are unable to “touch” a customer’s computer, so I told her to turn on guest screen sharing, and I was able to install the card without touching the computer via my Macbook Air. I know that it’s a simple thing, but it impressed her, and it made me feel like I was the shit, even though I know it’s Apple that’s the shit.

digitaltopia
    Participant

You can do the same thing in Linux. Sorry, just had to throw that in there. Did you have to bring her laptop up on the network in order to connect to it, or could you just connect to it directly?

rob
    Participant

It was on the network.

I know that you can do this, even with Windows, but I’m telling you, I had the idea to do it, and was running her laptop in literally about 20 seconds.

digitaltopia
    Participant

You can only theoretically do it in Windows, considering it would crash about halfway through. Most people wouldn’t have though to do that, so that’s a jolly good show.

thx_1227
    Participant

I haven’t had the chance to try out screen sharing yet, but it looked quite easy to do. You can do it through iChat too, correct?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.