:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

I love my job…mostly

• Comments Off on I love my job…mostly

I love my job…mostly

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge I love my job…mostly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Newman
    Participant

So I was debating earlier in the week wether or not to bring WoW to work, and load it on my Mac, figguring I had about an hour and a half this morning, I figgured I’d give it a shot. So currently its installing, Disk 2 of 5…I’m just curious how my mini’s gonna handle this little puppy.

Dam my jobs cool!.

Bing
    Participant

Newman, Bing.

So what does The Newman do for a job?

Newman
    Participant

Apparently I play Warcrack now.

But serious I’m at a web design firm. We recently hired 2 new programmers, so the ammout of work I’ve had to do recently has decresed drasticly.

I’ve always joked before about not doing anything for a job when in fact I was normally faily busy all the time, well now I’m mostly surfing for naked Lindsay pix.

Bing
    Participant

do you freelance?

what are the rates?

I may have some work for you in a few months if you are interested.

Newman
    Participant

http://timeswebdesign.com/

We havent changed the site layout for a while now, but were in the process of doing it, and yes I know I’m not listed.

There sorta ass prices, but when your connected to the major town paper, and your the only ‘real’ web designers in town, anything goes.

YouFollowMe
    Participant
    Newman wrote:
    I’ve always joked before about not doing anything for a job when in fact I was normally faily busy all the time, well now I’m mostly surfing for naked Lindsay pix.

It seems that we share the same quest in life.

Newman
    Participant

Amen to that brother!

FYI: If your ever gonna install WoW on a 1.5GHz Intel Core Solo 1GB DDR2 Mac, be prepared to waste 2 hours of your and the macs time.

Oh did I mention I have yet to install the 400MB patch? Yeah, probably another 15mins, but that’ll have to wait till lunch.

rob
    Participant

I’m really starting to hate my job. There’s nothing to do! And for what I do, I’m most likely pretty underpaid. I’d love to be able to get a job where I’m busy the entire time. I can play on the internet at home.

Bing
    Participant

Since I did it to Newman….

AAYYY! Rob, Bing.

what do you do for a livin’?

rob
    Participant

I’m a Lead Tech at Sprint, which basically means I go from store to store making sure those cats are doing what they’re supposed to do. Problem is, right now I’ve only got two stores, one of ’em’s doing great, and the other one’s so boring that I’d rather shoot myself with a spear than sit here. The job’s definitely gotten a lot smaller.

We merged with Nextel, right? Well, instead of bringing these two companies together and deciding what’s best, they just decided that they’d go with the Sprint way of doing things, because there’s three times the employees, and fuck the Nextel way. The problem is, the Sprint way is three times harder to learn, and makes absolutely no sense when you compare it to the Nextel way. They’d spend a whole lot less time getting the Sprint people to conform to the Nextel way.

This whole thing just sucks. That’s like saying that because there’s more Windows computers out there, that must mean it’s better. And what’s even more frustrating is that none of us had a say in that. The people that are making these decisions for us haven’t worked in a retail store in 10 years or more.

Okay, you just opened up the flood gate, Bing, and I’m gonna close it, because it’s not funny and all it does is make me realize how bad it sucks. Not your fault, of course, but yeah, okay, I’m done.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.