:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

I am officially going Bat-fucking-crazy…

• Comments Off on I am officially going Bat-fucking-crazy…

I am officially going Bat-fucking-crazy…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder I am officially going Bat-fucking-crazy…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

This movie needs to come out NOW!! I’ve watched everything I can get my grubby little hands on, and I just can’t see how it won’t be the absolute shit. Are there people out there that are still worried that Heath Ledger as the Joker could possibly be bad?

Hurry, hurry, hurry….

Version3
    Keymaster

I’m not worried it will be bad, this is going to be a fantastic movie. I’m just worried I won’t be totally sold on it. This happened with the last movie… I didn’t dislike it at all, just never really grabbed me. I rewatched it last week… so at least I’ve had a fresh look at it. 🙂

Rob, what’s the plan sucka?

rob
    Participant

Yeah, we should probably buy tickets, huh?

Octavious
    Participant

I can tell just by the new avatar. From what I’ve been seeing (trailers), he is going to deliver.

Do you guys have an IMAX near by?

rob
    Participant

Yeah, but I’ve never been that big of a fan of Imax. Number one, it’s not digital, so film displays at 24 frames per second, instead of roughly 40-60 depending on the digital projector. What this does, and I’m sure you’ve noticed this before, but when the camera pans, it looks blurred, almost as if it’s skipping. Well magnify that, where you’ve got a 4:3 image roughly 10 times too close to your farkin’ head, and when the camera pans it almost makes you sick. It really is a cool format, but too damn close, not widescreen — I think you get why I would not prefer it.

What I’ve heard about The Dark Knight in Imax, though, is that there are 4 or 5 scenes that are shot in Imax, and the rest of the movie is filmed in widescreen. That’s interesting, but for me, not interesting enough to want to try to get into that theater opening night.

I kinda want to show up at the theater with like a Paploo costume or something. That would get some strange looks.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Hey, Robby, is there a good theater in Frisco?

rob
    Participant

Plenty. We’ll probably see Dark Knight at the Plano AMC farkin’ crazy big thing, like where we saw Episode III, right, Bry?

Octavious
    Participant

Paploo costume?! That might be strange and funny. Maybe some chick would go “Aww, look it the cute teddy bear.”

Version3
    Keymaster

What part of Cali are you from Rusty? Good theaters there? I wouldn’t mind going to The Bridge to see a big flick like this. I dunno how good their viewing experience really is, but I have particular interest as I deployed some hardware to the one in the LA area.

El Rustirino
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    What part of Cali are you from Rusty? Good theaters there? I wouldn’t mind going to The Bridge to see a big flick like this. I dunno how good their viewing experience really is, but I have particular interest as I deployed some hardware to the one in the LA area.

Yeah, I live in the LA area. A really good theater is the Cineramadome.

Version3
    Keymaster

Funny name, but I hadn’t been. I actually haven’t seen any movies out there, never had the time.

Bing
    Participant

Cineramadome.

if you can say it 5 times real fast you can get in for free

Octavious
    Participant

Just today in the apps section of iTunes is the Dark Knight app. Free. Pretty cool and the basic thing is take a pic or got one saved on the iPod and you can put 3 graphics and send it to people.

Once again WB looking unique ways to promote the movie.

Why are you serious?

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, wow. The good. I’m sold on this Joker. More after others have seen it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.