:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

I am embarrassed.

• Comments Off on I am embarrassed.

I am embarrassed.

Latest Replies Forums Show Comments and Feedback I am embarrassed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    El Rustirino
    Participant

God, I was listening to some old shows – not like, OLD old, but in the 100 – 140 range. And some of the calls I made during the show…hell, almost all of them, were just plain embarrassing, as well as disappointing. For one thing, I sounded like a fucking twelve year old, and I was thirteen. My voice has changed a lot, so hearing my young’n voice is kind of…y’know. Weird. For another, I was just completely unfunny. Good god. I had like three good calls and that was it. Lastly, I was just terrible at articulating and speaking for some reason. Maybe it was because of the amount of presentation that went into most of those – some thirty seconds, give or take – but whatever the case, I just sounded terrible.

If you guys were still doing the show, this wouldn’t still be happening, and show 135 wouldn’t be the show that you remember me by – hey, isn’t that the show where that fuckhead called in about 14 times? Yeah, man, I hope that kid gets sent to a foster home, and then raped by his foster parents – all five of ’em! No, no, I would be devoting a lot of time to recovering from that.

Just yesterday, I was recording myself walking up and down the beach, and I sang this 2-1B song that went on for like 10 minutes, and a song about some kid with a foot and some peanuts on his head – you would have to hear it. But I think they were pretty good, at least compared to the old shit I used to do.

So, anyway, I wish I could go back in time and smack myself upside the head, and tell myself, “Boy, now, that ain’t right”. But it’s too late, now. Just had to get that off my mind and into this internet thing..

rob
    Participant

Nah, Rusty, what I remember the most about you is how funny you’ve been. And show 149, that was fun.

thx_1227
    Participant

I found your calls to be funny, dude. The guys played it off as “Alright, here is the 10th freakin’ call”, but I am sure they did it for comedic effect…

thx_1227
    Participant

I found your calls to be funny, dude. The guys played it off as “Alright, here is the 10th freakin’ call”, but I am sure they did it for comedic effect…

Version3
    Keymaster

Anyone else find it ironic that in a post about how much Rusty called us and did pretty much the same thing, THX posts reassuring remarks… but double-posts it. 😛

Rusty, we were always just giving you a hard time. And we only got worse about it, because it always made you try harder. We were just happy to have your enthusiasm show after show. 🙂

thx_1227
    Participant

Ironic indeed…epilepsy sucks during a big lightning storm, I may have clicked submit more times than I meant to… 😉

Bing
    Participant

What kind of loser would call in to a podcast show and leave a voicemail?

Bucho
    Participant

Honestly Rusty, it’s cool to hear you realizing this because it means you’re only going to get better at your own stuff and your future SOS calls will be something more to look forward to.

Also, as much as your calls in the past would sometimes be intrusions rather than contributions to the show, it was always clear that it was your enthusiasm for the guys’ show that was at the root of it and I can’t fault you for that one little bit ’cause I’m in exactly the same boat. I’m glad you’re part of this merry brotherhood of vagrants and good bastards.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bing
    Participant
    Bucho wrote:
    Honestly Rusty, it’s cool to hear you realizing this because it means you’re only going to get better at your own stuff and your future SOS calls will be something more to look forward to.

Also, as much as your calls in the past would sometimes be intrusions rather than contributions to the show, it was always clear that it was your enthusiasm for the guys’ show that was at the root of it and I can’t fault you for that one little bit ’cause I’m in exactly the same boat. I’m glad you’re part of this merry brotherhood of vagrants and good bastards.

I second…

El Rustirino
    Participant

Thanks, guys. I was really trying, I think – honestly, I guess it was just that I didn’t think before I called.

It really sucks, too, because I like show 135, but only after the first half, and I have to relive that embarrassment. But thanks for the reassurance, guys. Hopefully, now, I’m not as annoying as I used to be.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.