:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

how do we know he didn’t invent the thing?

• Comments Off on how do we know he didn’t invent the thing?

how do we know he didn’t invent the thing?

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder how do we know he didn’t invent the thing?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Larkitect
    Participant

life imitates star trek.

transparent aluminum!

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

thx_1227
    Participant

Transparisteel of the Star Wars galaxy is what they should shoot for…;)

digitaltopia
    Participant

I’m going to have to go with Star Trek on this one. It’s Star Trek before Star Wars for me.

Bucho
    Participant

I’ll go with Wonder Woman on this one.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Larkitect
    Participant

@digitaltopia 41507 wrote:

I’m going to have to go with Star Trek on this one. It’s Star Trek before Star Wars for me.

now that’s a toughy for me. i think i do watch more star trek (but of course there’s just more of it), but star wars has better aliens.

my dad grew up with classic trek. i grew up with next generation. but now i find myself enjoying classic trek the most of all the tv series. especially with the new versions with the enhanced fx. that’s probably why i enjoyed the new star trek movie so much. it really captures the magic of the original series with the dynamic between kirk spock and ‘bones’. (and how awesome was it when the ‘red shirt’ bought it during the skydive sequence?)

i’m just really star wars’d out right now. i would really like some high def versions on blu-ray because right now i’ve only been able to find 720/25p PAL versions. i think that would bring me out of my star wars rut and get me excited to watch them again.

sometimes i wish i still had my old vhs copies where han shot first. šŸ™

digitaltopia
    Participant

Now don’t get me wrong, I like both Star Trek and Star Wars. Two of the reasons I’m more partial to Star Trek however is because Star Wars tends to focus on this big fantasy-based cinematic thing, which is perfectly fine when you’re in the mood for it and it’s great for games, but the science usually gets tacked on later if at all. With Star Trek, they usually have at least a little bit of real science behind the way things work, and then they build on top of that.

I also tend to like how Stark Trek handles characters.

Version3
    Keymaster

I like the Star Wars characters and the storytelling best (it handles good vs evil in a more story-like fashion for me) but I think the Star Trek universe is vastly superior because of exactly what you touch upon, realism. I think it’s worked as well as it has because the more than a pinch of real science that gets in there, puts it above other Sci-Fi with good characters. ST movies have their severe cheese, but it’s not really any worse than JarJar. I feel you pain, share it and gain strength from the sharing.

Larkitect
    Participant

thank you michael okuda for all the great star trek tech-science.

one of his best quotes is when he was asked how the ‘heisenberg compesator’ on the show worked. he replied something like ‘it works quite well.’ šŸ™‚

i always enjoy any interviews i’ve seen of him. they did some special edition releases of the movies a few years ago and he was in a lot of the extra content. he seems down to earth (so to speak šŸ™‚ ) and very personable. sorry to gush but i’m a huge fan of all that he did for the star trek universe. particularly the next generation.

digitaltopia
    Participant

I think the fact that a lot of Star Trek is based on real science is why you see so many Star Trek things being created for real.

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, like propulsion theory, deep space communication theory, communicators, phasers (sort of), visual screen communications, hyposprays, and my bionic penis.

digitaltopia
    Participant

With that Transformers sound when you get a stiffy.

Larkitect
    Participant

speaking of phasers, did you catch this article?

and i’ll tell you what you can do with that bionic penis. i’ll give you a hint. it involves nigeria. šŸ˜€

digitaltopia
    Participant

That’s pretty cool.

Bing
    Participant

Lightsabers are the ultimate no question there. But ST has some neat gadgets that come close to sounding like they could be really made. Personally I would love a tricorder, even an early prototype model like the bicorder

Version3
    Keymaster

I’ve got a unicorder if you want to borrow it.

The trouble with the lightsaber being the ‘best’ is that it’s not even theoretically possible as we’ve seen it to this point. At least the other gadgets may potentially exist at some point.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.