:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Hey, Bing, review a classic for me

• Comments Off on Hey, Bing, review a classic for me

Hey, Bing, review a classic for me

Latest Replies Forums Show Comments and Feedback Hey, Bing, review a classic for me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    El Rustirino
    Participant

Show GO, or 60. DO IT NAOO

because i cant review it for shat

Bing
    Participant

Show 60.

Lemme listen to it again and make some notes.

Bucho
    Participant

I ain’t no Bing but I’m gonna weigh in anyway. Anywho.

I’m pretty sure 060 is famous for two iconic SOS moments. The first is My Ass Is Always On Fire, springing from Rob’s idea of adults throwing tantrums in public, which sprang from Bryan telling a proud dad story of his young ‘un making a huge mess of himself at a restaurant. In the show it doesn’t result in a huge explosion of laughter but later attained it’s classic status as part of the show intro. The second moment comes in at around the 76th minute, when Bryan and Jerry team up to produce WATCH OUT FOR THAT TRUCK!!! a moment of stunning and effective podcasting greatness.

It has to be said the show isn’t their most solid, there’s a half hour long chunk of keyboard noises that doesn’t hold up to a second listen shortly after WATCH OUT FOR THAT TRUCK!!! and other flat spots also related to random keyboard sounds but if you forget that stuff there is plenty of other good stuff in there. Jerry plays a couple of Phil Collins songs and tells Guitar Center stories – one of my favorite parts of those earlier shows, and plays some funny shit around 2:47:30, which is followed by more classic Jerry You Weirdness concerning Possum Kingdom and shit eating bird watching and Jerry’s love of the comically dissonant chord, and Hugo Weaving’s enormous teeth.

In the first hour there’s Bryan’s alternatives to police sketch artists (bronze statues, Mr Potato Head, Orangutan painters), a Rob-Rant about his experience of idiocy from Blockbuster and a nice little story from when Jerry and Bryan were kids (I love those stories). Then the epic and awesome Owls And Caffeinated Weasels story by Robby and Bryan while Jerry backs on keyboards. I love that story but I’ll leave a breakdown of it for Bing if he wants to go into it, along with what occurs between 1:03:06 and 1:05:00 during a fun call in from a notorious early correspondent of SOS.

Summing up, even though the show is undeniably patchy in places there is more than enough SOS awesomeness in the 3+ hours of show to remind us of what we love about the three excellent amigos so go and listen to it again if it’s been a while dammit and get off my back!!

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Oh, fuck, I missed this. Sorry, Buddah!

Thanks, I thought it would be good to bring back an oldie. However, I enjoyed the random keyboard sounds; probably because I’m a geek about that sort of thing.

Bucho
    Participant

I think with the keyboard sounds I liked it the first time I heard the show but the second time I got bored with it. There are certain times when what the boys are doing would be fun if I was in the room participating – like those keyboard sounds and things like the movie game – but just being and observer isn’t as much fun and it often seemed like the momentum had gone out of a show when they happened. I end up skipping them on a second listen to get to the good stuff, which is pretty much everything else.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

El Rustirino
    Participant

O shit, this episode blew the bass outta my headphones!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.