:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Harry Potter talk (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

• Comments Off on Harry Potter talk (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

Harry Potter talk (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Harry Potter talk (POSSIBLE SPOILERS!)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

Sorry, but I gotta dork out here…if you haven’t read Book Five and on, I suggest you don’t read on, unless you don’t mind being spoiled.

Love Harry Potter. In fact, if I had the opportunity, I dare say I could be a bigger HP dork than a SW dork, although it would take me a lot of time to catch up…

Did anyone catch the news about the next HP book? According to an interview J.K. Rowling did on a British talkshow, the final chapter has already been written (which, as a HP dork, I already knew), but she said that it’s changed. One character got a reprieve, and two characters died that she didn’t plan on. Not to say that they’re the only two that die, but that they’re main characters. Rowling’s husband was very upset about one of these deaths, and for some reason, my mind’s buzzing…

Hermione? Not likely. Ginny? Too obvious. Hagrid? Maybe. Ron? I’ve thought about this before — in the hero’s journey, symbolically, the hero is left with nothing before facing his final opponent. If JKR sticks with this, it’s very possible that Ron could get it.

Snape? Without giving anything away for those who haven’t read the books, it could be a final redemptive move. Seems likely to me.

And finally — is it possible that Harry actually dies in the end?

There’s a prophecy revealed in Order of the Phoenix (book five, and next year’s movie) that “either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives”. So Harry has to kill Voldemort, or vice versa. Voldemort will be killed, of course — but is it possible that Harry dies from his wounds?

My confession is that not a week goes by that I don’t spend at least 30 minutes or so thinking about the possibilities in the 7th book. I want to know so bad.

Okay, so if anyone’s still reading this, hopefully we can get a dialogue going here, because I have HP thoughts for days….

Bing
    Participant

When does that girl Hormone or Hemmorage whatever her name is turn 18 so I can think dirty thoughts?

salad
    Participant

mmm… didn’t know that side of ya’ rob… anyways… there’s these theory that Harry is actually one of the horcruxes… so after he defeats Voldemort he has to kill himself… which would be interesting… I think Ginny is not really that obvious… and if JK’s husband got really upset about it it could be her… I’d be kinda upset if she died since she’s the love interest and whatnot… Ron is another interesting theory… Those 2 are the ones that would get Harry like really fired up or whatever…

rob
    Participant

I don’t know about the Harry horcrux theory. Something I thought about the other day, and of course I can’t remember it now, but it basically threw that theory aside for good.

See, one of the things I really like about JKR is her redemptive sense. I was actually thinking the other day that Neville might die, but after doing something more heroic than Harry. So like, years after the big battle, people still remember Harry, but it’s Neville that people are thanking and talking about. That’d be some poetic justice, I think, especially after all Neville’s been through. And not to mention that he and Harry were born on the same day and Voldemort made the choice to go after Harry.

I want to know really badly, but I also don’t want to know. I love the unfolding of a story, especially JKR’s.

Octavious
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    When does that girl Hormone or Hemmorage whatever her name is turn 18 so I can think dirty thoughts?

April of 2008, exaclty 15th. So think it this way, when you turn in your taxes in and feeling that you got screwed, just go home and rub one out. Much love.

About 2 years, enough time to develop, just like Lindsay. —What with the Brits lately?

BSherrod
    Participant

Dude when they killed Dumbledore is still one of my favorite moments reading a book, because it wasn’t a hero’s death. There wasn’t a John Williams score or ridiculous cinematography, he was just gone. That was just so damn cool.

Bucho
    Participant

I’m staying out of the Harry Potter saga until after the last book’s written cause if I get sucked into this and then JK has a stroke or aneurysm or gets fatally gored by a flying wad of elephant ejaculate I’ll be very put out.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bing
    Participant

You gott be careful around elephant spooge

salad
    Participant

BOOK SEVEN BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.