:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

• Comments Off on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    YouFollowMe
    Participant

So, we got three days left till the book comes out. I guess full versions of the book are on some torrent sites, and spoilers are on many sites, which really sucks. I know that some evil bastard will try to spoil it for everyone by saying, “Hey, Hermoine and Voldemort do it at the end”. If this happens, I’m gonna punch a baby. I’m planning a total media blackout starting Saturday, just so there’s no chance I’ll be spoiled. What are you guys gonna do?.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Same here, I’m staying far away from any spoiler-possible places.

Oh yeah, guys, wanted to tell you.

SNAPE IS HERMOINE

Octavious
    Participant

Not to be spoiled, but somehow, someway, some asshole is going to open is has big fuckin mouth.

By all means this is not directed at Rob. Matter-of-fact I think after reading the book, Rob will make sure we will never find out the good parts.

digitaltopia
    Participant
    Darth Octavious wrote:
    Not to be spoiled, but somehow, someway, some asshole is going to open is has big fuckin mouth.

By all means this is not directed at Rob. Matter-of-fact I think after reading the book, Rob will make sure we will never find out the good parts.

That’s because the pages will be stuck together.

rob
    Participant

I will, in fact, be making sweet love to my copy at 12:01 in the parking lot of the nearest Wal-Mart. Get your camera phones ready…

As far as the spoilers go, you know I wouldn’t do that. I’ve been very tempted to read some of the spoilers out there on the net, but I’ve stopped going to the normal places I go for that kind of info — aintitcool, joblo — I’ve already started my media embargo. I will also not be seen on the board until the book is finished. After what happened to me with book 6, I’m not reading any more spoilers. I did see one spoiler by accident this time, but it’s one of those things that anyone could guess, and it still might turn out to be wrong. I also downloaded the pictures of the book posted by some dude who took pictures of each page — I made out the first page and thought, “this is too much work.”

So basically, Saturday can’t come soon enough.

Bing
    Participant

At the end Space Monkeys kill everyone with diarrhea guns.

there now no one else has to do it.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Bringing back the thread because – I JUST FINISHED IT

So, are spoilers safe yet, Brotherhood? YOU DECIDE~

Oh, and I’m now infatuated with Luna Lovegood. Favorite character by far, and I feel the need to draw her. In a Jamie Hewlett-esque style. You know, the Gorillaz and Tank Girl?

Armez
    Participant

Spoiler Alert!!!

Harry Potter rapes

His Hand…orly?
    pg.546

digitaltopia
    Participant

I think spoilers would be fine now.

Octavious
    Participant

Finished the book. Loved it. Can’t wait for the movie. But the book is better.

rob
    Participant

Yeah, you can bet that the book will be better. I can’t wait to see some of that shit…

Pa-ul
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    Yeah, you can bet that the book will be better. I can’t wait to see some of that shit…

I was lazy and got the audio book.

I hope they put the dark, and sometimes funny, feel into the film.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

rob
    Participant

The one thing that has disappointed me in the last two movies is that the personality of Dumbledore is not there. The way he manhandles Harry at the beginning of Goblet of Fire after he has been chosen to compete, the sad, almost scared way he talks to Harry at the end, and in Order, he’s sour-faced the whole time. He’s supposed to have a somewhat quirky, almost reckless, and humorously stoic way about him, like all of this is merely interesting instead of dangerous.

Order really surprised me with the look and feel of the universe, almost exactly the same, in tone, to Prisoner of Azkaban. But screwing up who could arguably be one of the most interesting characters in literature over the last 100 years —

Version3
    Keymaster

I finally watched Order… I actually liked it fairly well. It created more of a reaction toward characters than the previous movies and seemed to have less “look over here… it’s fucking magic!” type feel to it. It was like the ‘all business’ Harry Potter movie. I could have done with a few bigger moments in it, but I still liked it.

rob
    Participant

Yep — it keeps that tone through the last two, and they really should be something great (hopefully).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.