:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

"Greedo Shoots First"

• Comments Off on "Greedo Shoots First"

"Greedo Shoots First"

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge "Greedo Shoots First"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Scatt
    Participant

Alright you Star Wars freaks, answer me this riddle.

I’ve always wondered what the jokes about, “Greedo shooting first” was. I narrowed it down that it was Star Wars, then I forgot about it forever. Today, I go on youtube and watch the original scene, then the updated scene. So, now I know that they inserted the guy shooting like two feet away from Han’s head. Now, you guys tell me, what was the deal with that, and how did the fans react? What gives?

Bucho
    Participant

George Lucas’ neck got so fat it cut off 80% of the blood to his brain and he hallucinated the idea that the coolest man in sci fi history wouldn’t shoot before being fired upon. He forgot that Han Solo is a fuggin badass pretty much and the change also meant that a profesional bounty hunter missed his target from 2 feet. Ridiculous.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Scatt
    Participant

I haven’t even seen the movie and that pisses me off for a couple reasons!…Bucho!?

Ahem, I’m cool now. So, I was unaware of that fact? Greedo was supposed to be the baddest motherlickin’ bad guy around Chinatown, eh? That’s fine, I see. Now, I’m thinking about how he’s supposed to be bad, but he missed when he shot. It’s not like his arm jolted or even moved. That, and more important, you can’t make new decisions when your movie is out and millions have seen it. If he thought the guy should have shot first, write a new fucking script for a new movie that includes such a scene. Ribbit throated bitch……………Not you, Bucho.

Bucho
    Participant

He might not have been the baddest muthafuggah around but he’s an experienced hardass bounty hunter so you’re right, he wouldn’t miss from 2 feet. That and the fact he tried to make Han Solo some code-following knight or gunfighter when he was really just another rogue criminal at the start. It made Han’s story arc a little less interesting. Fuggin walrus neck … me I mean, not you Scatt.

Bing
    Participant

You may have seen me say stuff about that before.

“Han shot first!!”
    It was a scene that seemed to be changed just for the hell of it. That’s why I didn’t like it. It added nothing and actually took away from the scene.

How was the fan reaction?

To be blunt, we were fucking pissed. It was probably the most universally BAD thing about Star Wars, even Jar Jar was unintentionally funny…….

….and kinda hot

-bing

Scatt
    Participant
    Quote:
    You may have seen me say stuff about that before.

You, me, him. Everybody. I even have a memory of seeing Ben Affleck say it in a movie. Some movie…. Can’t remember.

Version3
    Keymaster

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Scatt
    Participant

That’s right! I remember now.

Octavious
    Participant
    Bucho wrote:
    He forgot that Han Solo is a fuggin badass pretty much and the change also meant that a profesional bounty hunter missed his target from 2 feet. Ridiculous.

I agree. Perfectly said.

Bucho
    Participant

On references and stuff, where does “16 by 9 Conan” come from? I’m guessing it’s George Lucas talking to Conan for some reason but I don’t know. Also, is “No land on the left side of the boat,” an outside show reference or something that Jerry made up on the show?

salad
    Participant

that ‘no land on th left side…’ is from rob’s trip to alaska… i think…

rob
    Participant

The “16 X 9 Conan” is from the Conan O’Brien show, where he’s talking about the HD version of the show, when they first started filming in HD. He was talking about it being wider, and that’s when he said that…

The “no land” was definitely from Show 55, when Jerry and I made our return to the show after visiting Europe and Alaska.

Bucho
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    The “no land” was definitely from Show 55, when Jerry and I made our return to the show after visiting Europe and Alaska.

I know it first turned up in that show and it was one of my favourite shows but I was never clear if it was a reference to some tv show or movie I didn’t know about or just made up by you guys. So, thanks.

Scatt
    Participant

Hey, I can’t stand when people have widescreen televisions watching standard definition programming! I don’t know how people get used to the stretched signal. Do they just assume there was a population surge of fat midgets in Hollywood or what?

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, the elaborate, the 16 x 9 Conan thing is him doing his geeky voice. He’s playing the part of a geek telling him the benefits of his show that is now in HD (the part others have said). So he says it in his Star Trek geek voice.

The lack of land on the left side of the boat, was said in Rob’s normal story telling, and during the parts where he tangents and goes back to his story, we’d say “it was Monday” and there was “no land on the left side of the boat”. It’s totally made up from that show.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.