:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Good Movies

• Comments Off on Good Movies

Good Movies

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Good Movies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

Well, I introduced myself a long time ago on the forums, but once I had the idea to come back to them after the show had stopped coming out, I found that all my links to the forums were not working. So I had no way of getting to the Switched on. Until a few weeks ago, when I found a working link.

So now I’m here, again, wanting to know some good movies. I watched a few of the movies that had been mentioned on the show; Breakfast Club, Fletch, and a few others. I really enjoyed them. So now I’m interested in finding some more good movies to watch.

Any suggestions?

Version3
    Keymaster

It’s too late for me to think of too many, but give Xmas Vacation another watch, The Princess Bride is not a bad one to go back to and I’ll think of some more later.

We were just talking about Fletch tonight when the three of us were together… uh… sitting in front of boxes with knobs and cables coming out of them, and leading to a point right in front of our faces. They were switched to the on position.

I think I’ll do updates via Twitter.

El Rustirino
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    I think I’ll do updates via Twitter.

What’s the name?

Bing
    Participant

I haven’t seen anything good lately…but I can tell you I didn’t care for ……

The Knowing
    Watchmen
    Hancock
    Righteous Kill

IMO

Anyone see Paul Blart Mall Cop?

rob
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    Anyone see Paul Blart Mall Cop?

Yeah, I try not to watch crap.

Watchmen was the tits, though. I love that frickin’ movie, but I’m also a dork, and loved the book, too.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Watchmen was fucking awesome. Book and movie.

Version3
    Keymaster
    El Rustirino wrote:
    What’s the name?

Version3 of course!

I think I may start a one more specific to it’s purpose. Hmmmmm…

Bucho
    Participant

Star Trek 2 Wrath Of Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan and Superman 2 are SOS references too Ben.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

I keep looking for something like this in one of the early reviews of the new JJ Abrams version; “Everything is updated and it just feels like a whole new ST universe. There are enough things in there to keep the Trek fans happy, with nods to the original movies and TV surfacing once in a while; one of which was oddly out of place to the point of comical and awkward. It was almost as if it was intended for someone or a very small audience specifically. The rest of it just worked and…”

Of course it’s not possible that someone would fuck up their new movie because they think it would be as funny as we would. But I can still hope, yes?

Bucho
    Participant

It is possible in general but sadly methinks not from JJ Abrams, humour isn’t one of his strong points.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

Oh of course I know this… it was more of a SOS infecting the world thing. Which we know from the same 8 people that are currently still with us just isn’t likely. At all.

digitaltopia
    Participant

I’m looking forward to the new Stark Trek movie like I look forward to stuff. Which is to say, I’m looking forward to it.

I wrote the above sentence three different ways, full of witty and dirty alliteration, finally deciding on keeping it simple. If you don’t like it you can suck me off. Which would be weird, that if you didn’t like something I did, you’d offer me oracular pleasure. I wouldn’t accept mind you, but it’s the thought that counts? Okay, now I feel dirty and need to bathe.

While I’m veering off-topic of my own post, I might as well offer my initial versions, to-whit:

Tuesday Paradise Prancing Poontang Pleasure Party

and

Beautiful Bouncing Bronzed Boobies

Now back to the point of the post.

I’ve always been a fan of Star Trek, and it does look like this one takes Star Trek in a new, fresh, interesting direction. Before, with the other Star Trek movies, even though there was always some action, the focus was always more on the characters and drama and story. With the new movie, it looks like the action is right up front, in addition to having the characters and everything, and it looks like everything is done on a much bigger scale.

Version3
    Keymaster
    Version3 wrote:
    I think I may start a one more specific to it’s purpose. Hmmmmm…

That was a good idea I had there…

http://twitter.com/switchedonshow

digitaltopia
    Participant

So I’m here, at the forums, by way of a new domain. Very nice.

Version3
    Keymaster

What? What are you talking about? 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.