:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Good inexpensive headphones

• Comments Off on Good inexpensive headphones

Good inexpensive headphones

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Good inexpensive headphones

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    digitaltopia
    Participant

I recently decided I wanted a pair of new headphones in the $20 – $30 range. I was getting rather tired of my earbud earphones and how short their cord was. I also wanted a circumaural design, the type with the big ear cups that go around your ear instead of sitting on top of your ear, because for me that’s the most comfy.

I eventually settled on the Sennheiser HD201s. They’re around $25 depending on where you get them. I had never had any Sennheiser products before, but these headphones have made me a fan. They’re comfy, have a decent frequency response, and have very clear, crisp sound, with just the right amount of bass. They also have a 10-foot cord and they come with a 1/8” to 1/4” adapter. They’re definitely better than what I expected to get in this price range, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for some new headphones.

Version3
    Keymaster

They are really great. I bought a quantity of them last spring for a program I was working on… like 12 pair or something, and I think I may have gotten them closer to the $15 mark with that amount. A bit boomy compared to other headphones, so I wouldn’t want to spend too much time ‘working’ with them, but for listening to music movies, they are great. And super comfortable too.

digitaltopia
    Participant

Yeah they don’t have a flat response so you can’t really mix professionally with them, but for basic mixing or any other application they’re great. I wonder how their microphones are.

Version3
    Keymaster

I’ve had a couple of good ones. They are known for pretty good products, great lavs and such. I had a shotgun mic for camera mount that I really liked… they make good stuff. They are known pretty well in A/V circles.

thx_1227
    Participant

Where did you buy these? I have never seen a Sennheiser product under 90 bucks….

digitaltopia
    Participant

I got mine from Amazon.com, but you can also get them from Musician’s Friend and a few other places.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.