:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Good Gravy

• Comments Off on Good Gravy

Good Gravy

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Good Gravy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    El Rustirino
    Participant
    thx_1227
    Participant

My question is how do we know it was really reading his thoughts? The “translation” could have been just a prerecorded audio file…

El Rustirino
    Participant

IT LOOKED PROFESSIONAL THUS I BELIEVE IT

Also it kind of makes sense for the first words it says to contain the name of the guy who made it, for the demo.

rob
    Participant

Yeah, but what if they ask you a question that you don’t want to answer, and you end up answering it anyway? What if I call my wife a bitch in my own head, but I don’t actually do that? Fuck, man!

El Rustirino
    Participant

Then it would be fucking hilarious.

Version3
    Keymaster

Well, at least bitch isn’t one of the 150 words now. Crazy stuff though. Imagine that, we are going to get to lazy to talk.

Aura of hate
    Participant

Crazy….never would want to own one and would not live in a country that supports the mass production of it. All tools for the machine! If the thing can read your thoughts as it was speaking about the net part then what holds the gov. back from learning what you are thinking ALL the time. I am a human not a bloody machine and I am glad to carry around a map or TALK to people…hell I hate the phone for the most part any way.

Big brother is watching you…and with this bull shit he will be able to READ your thoughts.

Bing
    Participant

I think the day will come when the only freedom we have left is our thoughts……………at least until we fall asleep during boring ass lectures…..sorry I only made it about halfway through that. I still have 99% of the internet to finish before Friday.

Frank
    Participant

Ok, is it just me or did it take an awfully long time for the “automated” response to come? That long of a wait, people will think they lost the call and try calling you back.

For the record, it would have been much cooler had the voice said “Would you like to play a game,” or “I’m sorry, Dave.”

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah it would have. The thing to keep in mind is that it’s not READING HIS MIND… it’s intercepting the signals to his vocal chords. So you have to think about talking, actively. Delay or not, this would be really useful for the speech impaired which is the idea. Have any of you ever had a relay phone call with the hearing/speech impaired? This amount of waiting is nothing in comparison to the long wait time for typing, followed by an operator reading and comprehending then finally telling you. Reverse that for everything you say back. Anyway, the delay here is because the machine has to match the impulses to a known database of words, then construct a sentence for the text 2 speech engine.

I don’t think it would be important to have for the average person (discreet phone calls are mentioned here, but that is just to get it an “ooooh ahhhh” factor to the non-speech impaired average joe), but I can see the lazy or gadget oriented making it a “must have” and it becoming widespread. I’m not worried about this device, or even what it turns into… I’m worried about how the key learnings are applied. -Devices that you DON’T have to put on or submit to, in order to read and interpret those impulses. They will call them interrogation tools, but they will be in every bank and post office in no time… then who knows.

Shit, the perspective, outlook and tone of my post did a 180 in no time!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.