:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Funny thing happened today…

• Comments Off on Funny thing happened today…

Funny thing happened today…

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Funny thing happened today…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

I don’t know if this long, drawn-out story will make you guys chuckle, but it sure gave me some much needed satisfaction after a long day of listening to people bitch and whine about their stupid phones.

So, it’s like 6:30, and we’re busy as shit. This woman and her daughter comes up and they say that they’re here to pick up a replacement phone that we ordered for them. The daughter couldn’t have been more than sixteen, and although that’s not important just yet, it’ll have impact later…

I get the phone and am about to do the phone book swap on this little handheld computer we have (pretty cool, it can transfer contacts between almost any phone, beaming, usb, sd card, whatever). The daughter asks if I can transfer the pictures. On some phones, we can, but on her model, I told her it wasn’t an option. Our system was acting all screwy, and kicked me out twice, going all slow and shit, so I give up on it, and start to focus on just doing the phone book swap. The daughter interrupts me again, that maybe we can get her pictures uploaded to her picturemail account so she can download the pictures on her computer. I look, there’s no picturemail on the account. Apparently, she was doing so much surfing around on the internet that the mother took the internet off of the account.

The mother kind of steps in at this point and says that she’d really appreciate if she could get the pictures uploaded, because the daughter took a picture of her now deceased great-grandmother, and that paying for the internet for one month on her daughter’s phone would be worth it if they can get that picture. The system was giving me shit, as I mentioned before — this would add about 10-15 minutes to the transaction, and as I said, it’s busy. And it’s not that they’re being mean or anything, I just didn’t want to hassle with all this, and got a little pissed off thinking, “If this was so important, why couldn’t you have worried about this shit at home? You could have added the picturemail yourself, uploaded the damn pictures, and wouldn’t be wasting my time!!” I reluctantly agreed to do it anyway. The mother really wants to get that picture, so she’s asking how to retrieve them from the website, so I give them the web address so that they can both do it when they get home.

So I add the picturemail and all that, and then have to wait 2-3 minutes for the phone to provision itself with the internet. While I’m waiting, I listen to the mother saying that she will be getting on the internet with her to check the pictures, and hopefully, that one picture is on there. Once the provisioning’s complete, I check the picturemail on the old phone to ensure that it’s working so I can upload the pictures. To my surprise, the picturemail is not empty…

You see, my understanding was that if a picturemail account was deleted off an account, it would also delete all pictures having to do with that account, make sense? Apparently, that’s not the case, as I’m staring at 57 pictures of this girl’s boobies.

I am shocked, looking at the mother, looking at the daughter — the mother asks what’s wrong, I say nothing — I’m trying to figure out if I had inadvertantly gave them access to another account or something. But then I realize that it must keep those pictures on the account as long as it’s active, just in case the customer decides to add it back on. So I shrug, and I start uploading the pictures, do the swap and send them on their way, knowing that when they get home, the mother will be shocked seeing these nude pictures of her daughter that she sent to God knows who, and the daughter will be shocked at the mere presence of those old pictures.

Is it wrong that I got such a kick out of that?.

Frank
    Participant

Hell, someone’s gotta ask it: Can you describe the boobies in question? I mean, I know that they weren’t the most legal of things to be looking at, but a good description would be swell.

Especially for kids like Rusty … think of the children.

Version3
    Keymaster

even Jessica thinks it’s funny.

rob
    Participant

I’ve told this story to a few people who weren’t there yesterday, and they thought it was funny, too. And, strangely enough, April did too. After all the time of mine those two wasted, it was nice to see some justice.

Frank, you sick bastard. Nah, they really weren’t that great, in my opinion. Like something swollen. Didn’t look like they had any weight to them, you know? She was thin, and it showed. Probably B or so. Enough that she could produce some cleavage, but not much more.

It’s funny, because I actually felt bad for seeing them, because she was so young. But then, it’s not like I was actively looking for them or anything, it’s not like I broke into her house to take nude pictures of her. It’s not my fault she saved pictures of her swollen bumps on her picturemail account.

El Rustirino
    Participant

send pix plz

Octavious
    Participant

^Had to be one person in here asking for the pics.

rob
    Participant

Even if I did have them, I wouldn’t post them. Like I said though, really nothing special.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Eh, I’m joking – I really don’t care about that. That’s really funny, Brob. Hopefully, when I get a job, I’ll have some interesting stories to tell.

Frank
    Participant
    Rusty wrote:
    Eh, I’m joking – I really don’t care about that.

Right …

Pa-ul
    Participant

I’ve had to put up with similar circumstances.

Transfering information from a company directors old laptop to his new one.

As you can guess, his daughters used the laptop when he took it home.

I did’nt have the heart to tell him, or the guts considering most of the software for transfering data used in this country is designed to pick up on pictures, or content, of unusual content.

Just goes to show that most parents don’t know what their kids get up to, not all, just most.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Frank
    Participant

I pray I end up being the father of boys … if not, no Internet, dating or anything else until she turns 30 … with Papa Frank on the porch with a shotgun and a shovel.

El Rustirino
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    I pray I end up being the father of boys … if not, no Internet, dating or anything else until she turns 30 … with Papa Frank on the porch with a shotgun and a shovel.

No dating until you’re married, Frankie

Frank
    Participant
    Rusty wrote:
    Frank wrote:

Doesn’t seem like it’s been much of a problem here lately anyway.

El Rustirino
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    Rusty wrote:
    Frank wrote:

Marriage or the dating that precedes it?

Frank
    Participant
    Rusty wrote:
    Frank wrote:
    Rusty wrote:
    Frank wrote:

Marriage or the dating that precedes it?

Eh, what the hell, let’s say either.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.