:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

FULL Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix trailer!

• Comments Off on FULL Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix trailer!

FULL Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix trailer!

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder FULL Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix trailer!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant
    Version3
    Keymaster

That’s gonna be huge! I think I’ll like this one more than the last…

salad
    Participant

*gasp* X_____X

djohnson
    Participant

I’m sure the movie is going to be fantastic as usual, but that trailer sucked. It didn’t really show much of anything…

Octavious
    Participant

Well I got the hint. Valmort’s amry, the dark lord has returned, “I’m not weak”, “then prove it”, a new order begins, Harry grew a pair – “I want to fight”, then his pair grew even more, Harry kisses Cho Chang, some flying, magic, cool CG, wrapped in John Williams music that reminds you of Star Wars, delivered on July 13, yada, yada, yada and Bing is still waiting for Hermione to turn 18.

Version3
    Keymaster

Uh, that’s why it’s a teaser trailer Dave.

Boy Dave, you are so fucking dumb!

hahahahhahaha just messin’ with ya buddy.
    Bing still loves ya, in a non-gay way.

BSherrod
    Participant

I don’t know, the last movie was good, but I don’t remember it really doing anything for me. I have full confidence that this will not suck, but questionable if it will be great.

rob
    Participant

I would venture to say that it is almost as difficult to adapt a Harry Potter book as it was to do Lord of the Rings. See, here’s the breakdown, coming from a Harry Potter dork (who probably needs therapy)…

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone — so much like the book it’s creepy (not really, just — it’s the intro, so it’s a little on the kiddy side.)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets — same thing. The first two really are like watching the book. They’re almost verbatim.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban — the first real departure from the book. Whole story threads are cut out, but the movie is so well done at being concise during the right parts that I can forgive the cuts. Didn’t realize until after I read the book that the Marauder’s Map (the cool map that shows every person at Hogwarts on an extremely detailed map) was created by the friends — Moony (Remus Lupin, the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher from this movie), Wormtail (Peter Pettigrew aka Scabbers, Ron’s rat), Padfoot (Sirius, Gary Oldman) and Prongs (Harry’s dad James). These were nicknames that they gave each other while they were at Hogwarts as children. Also, the reason Harry thinks that he saw his dad defeat the dementors was because his dad was an animagus as well as Sirius, turning into a stag (hence the name Prongs). Cool little story detail that the movie just omits.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire — TONS cut out. So much it’s a little annoying. But the most important part of the story was Voldemort’s return, and they pulled that off perfectly, so I can forgive the movies again for not putting in every little detail. Of all the books so far, Goblet of Fire was the largest (twice the size of Chamber of Secrets) so I knew going into it that a lot would be cut out, but they spent WAY too much time with the dragon, even though it was really cool.

I know I’ve lost most people at this point, but basically what I was trying to say is that the movies are there for me just as a companion to the books, as they are probably the most rewarding reading experience I’ve ever had. I know what points they’ve got to hit, so this movie should be incredibly cool — you get to finally see why Dumbledore is the only wizard Voldemort ever feared — and if it’s anywhere close to the book, we should be in for a real treat.

Okay, I’m done. Jeez, Rob, shut up about the Harry Potter already! Harry Potter and Lindsay Lohan — what are you, like 12, emotionally?

salad
    Participant

With you 100% rob… and I think the movies SHOULD be a companion to the movie for everyone… If you read the books and see the movie afterwards you really get what’s going on… If you just stick to the films you’re missing out on a LOT…

I can’t gripe too much about the movies… I enjoyed them a lot… they bring to life a lot of things previously limited to words… but if you already know whats going to happen and your not lost at all then the experience is all the more rewarding…

Contrary to LoTR i enjoy the HP books waaaay more than the movies… but they are still nice to see…

On the trailer… I think the actors, specially Harry, are starting to show their age… and I suppose they tried to make him look younger by giving him a haircut and now he just looks like a dweeb… I’m intrested to see some parts I can’t mention… in case someone hasn’t read the book and minds spoilers… because quite honestly I don’t like how some things have been portrayed from the second movie onward… thats my 2 cents

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.