:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Frank going off on a bit of a rant

• Comments Off on Frank going off on a bit of a rant

Frank going off on a bit of a rant

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Frank going off on a bit of a rant

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Okay, so I downloaded “Death of a President,” just because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Other than some folks who say, “This is the worst thing ever, they should be ashamed of themselves, yadda, yadda …” there are some out there who say the movies isn’t all that bad.

For the first 30 minutes, it does have the look like a Discovery Channel documentary. Lots of camera angles, glum interviews, etc. I was sort of buying into the whole thing (even though in the back of my mind, I kept hearing “It’s fake, these are press conferences with the president at other things, etc.). Then it happens …

No, not him getting shot. There’s this voice talking about ballistics and forensic evidence at around the 31 minute mark. The voice is so very, very familiar. Hey, I say to myself, isn’t that James Urbaniak? Why yes, yes it is James Urbaniak. For those who don’t know (Ivan does) Urbaniak is the voice of Dr. Thaddeus “Rusty” Venture on the Venture Brothers on Adult Swim. Clear as day. Listening to him talk about the shooting sounds just like Dr. Venture was talking to you.

And that’s what bugs me about this movie. Not that someone did an entire movie about the “what if” something happened to the president, but the guy playing Rusty fucking Venture is in the movie?!?!?!

How am I supposed to take fake, make-believe crap like this seriously? 🙂

Ivan
    Participant

That is because The Venture Bros. is actually a documentary and Dr. Venture is an actual expert on ballistics. True story. The government animates the footage shot to allow it to appeal to a mass audience. God, I miss the Venture Bros. I want season 3 to start now.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.