:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Forum V1 Topic: Does the Universe have an end?

• Comments Off on Forum V1 Topic: Does the Universe have an end?

Forum V1 Topic: Does the Universe have an end?

Latest Replies Forums The Lo Dimension Forum V1 Topic: Does the Universe have an end?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ROSS
    Participant

This topic also seemed quite popular in the original forum, so I thought I’d resurect it here for any new members (or old) who didn’t get a chance to voice there opinions.
    So, is there an end to the universe? If there is an end, is it gradual as there slowly seems to be less and less galaxies, planets and stars untill there is eventually nothing, nothing more, finished, end. Or is it a sudden end, one minute there are thousands of nearby galaxies and then suddenly the end of the universe. And if the is an end, what is there to stop you going any further, some sort of invisible force blocking your way?
    Or, if there is no end of the universe, that must mean it must go on forever. Now this sort of links in with my other topic, “Parallel Universes” because if it continues to go on for infinite, then there must be inifinite numbers of galaxies with infinite numbers of variations. And, Bing, yes you were right, if the galaxy does go on forever, then there IS a galaxy somewhere where Rob is gay, but think about it, there is also a galaxy somewhere where YOU are gay! 😯
    So, what do you people think, does the universe have an end?

YouFollowMe
    Participant

I think that the universe is saddle-shaped (sorry, I can’t remember the scientific term), so that you can never reach the end. Once you come to what would be called the end of the universe, you would just keep travelling around this saddle. Or maybe there is just a sign that says, “Dead End”.

ElNacho
    Participant

i dont get it

Scatt
    Participant
    Quote:
    I think that the universe is saddle-shaped (sorry, I can’t remember the scientific term)

Are you talking about a mobius strip?

YouFollowMe
    Participant

No, I think it’s like parabolic or hyperbolic. It’s the main idea for one of the Non-Euclidian geometries.

Scatt
    Participant
    Quote:
    It’s the main idea for one of the Non-Euclidian geometries.

I think I just heard a plane fly over my head.

ElNacho
    Participant

was it going at high speeds? cuz if so it wasnt REALLY a plane 😛

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.