:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Forum times

• Comments Off on Forum times

Forum times

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Forum times

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Scatt
    Participant

Is anyone else still having problems with the speed of the forums? It’s seriously turning me away from reading everything, the times are so slow.

Armez
    Participant

No, and I’m on a psp.

your internet might suck.

djohnson
    Participant

I have been having intermittent problems. It’s been worse the past few days. Seems to be most slow in the morning. It’s not too bad atm.

Version3
    Keymaster

You’ve got it right… it’s dreadful in the morning. I’m looking at moving the entire site to a different host. Don’t go away Scatt… we’ll get it.

Scatt
    Participant

Nah, I’m not going anywhere. I will say that it’s kind of forcing me to convince myself that my replies aren’t worth the effort. Dave’s right though, it is intermittent, not constant.

Quote:
    No, and I’m on a psp.

your internet might suck.

What is it about responses like this that trigger defensiveness? I was all thinking like, “Your internet sucks, pal!”. I quickly realized that, yes, Road Runner Time Warner does suck. But you know like how you can tell if it’s the site or your connection? I wouldn’t have said anything if I thought it was me.

Power cycling makes me feel strong.

Version3
    Keymaster

“it will make you strongah!”

Bing
    Participant

Actually the site is fine. This is all a part of my master plan to make you experience the feel of life on dial-up.

Armez
    Participant

I was just offering my opinion, that because I wasn’t having problems(on a psp), that your internet connection might suck at that moment…

BSherrod
    Participant

Death to 56k, and people who think they know about the internet because theyre on AOL.

Scatt
    Participant
    Armez wrote:
    I was just offering my opinion, that because I wasn’t having problems(on a psp), that your internet connection might suck at that moment…

Just for the record, I wasn’t giving crap in a malicious way.

But usually when a site is hanging, i’ll throw open another window and shoot around to a couple sites to see if they’re hanging too. If they don’t, I blame the site. What do you guys think? That makes sense, doesn’t it?

Quote:
    Death to 56k, and people who think they know about the internet because theyre on AOL.

Who, me? Because as far as I know about other people’s connections here, that is a direct threat to Newman and Newman alone! Run Newmin’ run! Run with this paper sack of baguettes and run! Let me videotape it and put it up on the internet! Just run to safety, oh loahdy loahd!

Quote:
    Actually the site is fine. This is all a part of my master plan to make you experience the feel of life on dial-up.

At this point, could you seriously imagine waiting for a page to load as long as we did back then? I couldn’t.

Version3
    Keymaster
    Scatt wrote:
    But usually when a site is hanging, i’ll throw open another window and shoot around to a couple sites to see if they’re hanging too. If they don’t, I blame the site. What do you guys think? That makes sense, doesn’t it?

No, that DOES make perfect sense, and is a good basic test to get the diagnosis going. It IS this site. Our new guest just hasn’t been here often enough, or for long enough to fall victim to it’s evil timeouts.

Scatt wrote:
    Who, me? Because as far as I know about other people’s connections here, that is a direct threat to Newman and Newman alone! Run Newmin’ run! Run with this paper sack of baguettes and run! Let me videotape it and put it up on the internet! Just run to safety, oh loahdy loahd!

You better encode that video pretty fucking small or Newman may NEVER see it on dial-up. hahahaa j/k

Newmans is making his way to school this week… expect him to be here less while he does, but be here with the power of broadband when he does. Perhaps I’m now the slowest connection on the site (at home/EVDO with little service).

Newman
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    Newmans is making his way to school this week… expect him to be here less while he does, but be here with the power of broadband when he does. Perhaps I’m now the slowest connection on the site (at home/EVDO with little service).

I am here! Man driving for 4 days sucks ass…I cant say yet that I’ll be on less, just at different times. Plus I had to get a laptop(picking it up tommorow) and the whole campus has wireless.

djohnson
    Participant

What city are you in Newman? Where are you going to school?

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah Newman, what dorm are you in? what kinda laptop did you get? what’s your favorite flavor of Kool-Aid? What appendage are you groping right now? Who does it belong to? Tell us Newman, tell us!

Newman
    Participant

Oshawa, Ontario.

south village, no laptop yet, the blue stuff, them all and me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.