:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

For Us Beer Drinkers

• Comments Off on For Us Beer Drinkers

For Us Beer Drinkers

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge For Us Beer Drinkers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Octavious
    Participant

In the news

Quote:
    Guinness, the dark Irish beer known to generations of drinkers as the “black stuff”, is turning red in some pubs this month as the brewer kicks off a trial of the beer first brewed by Arthur Guinness in 1759.

Guinness’s owners, the world’s largest alcoholic drinks group Diageo, said on Wednesday its new Guinness Red uses a lighter roasted barley for its ruby red colour and less bitter taste, and will be supplied to 142 British pubs.

The beer is already available in some of the pubs, and pints will be pulled by the start of February at all the 142 pubs owned by Mitchells & Butlers, including the O’Neill’s Irish pub chain which has a big Guinness demand.

The new red beer will retain the same creamy head of its darker traditional cousin, and also the same 4.1 percent alcohol level and price of the traditional Guinness Draught. It will be brewed at the same St James’s Gate Brewery in Dublin.

A Guinness spokeswoman said the traditional black Guinness already has a reddish hue and by using half roasted malting barley the reddish colour is highlighted in the new product.

The trial is expected to last three to nine months, and is one of a number of variants Guinness has trialled. Currently, Guinness mid-strength with an alcohol content of 2.8 percent is on trial in Irish pubs.

djohnson
    Participant

I hope it’s a big hit. I love Guinness, but I can only drink one and not with food because of the bitterness. I’d love to see a slightly less bitter version.

Octavious
    Participant

Me too.

rob
    Participant

I’d like a less beer taste, like — when I drink a beer, I’d like it not to taste like horse poo-covered hay. Like some dude picked up some of the stable grass and said, “Yep, this’ll do. We’ll just soak this a while.”

Sorry.

Pa-ul
    Participant

Guinness was originally a dark red colour, before they started using roasted malt.
    My local pub puts a nice shamrock design on the head before serving it, love to see how they do that. All I see is their hand moving around in a crazy manner, I just use my finger to draw “odd” pictures in the head. Never drawn a pee-pee though, I suspect I’ll either have lots of empty chairs around me, or be thrown out of the door.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Bucho
    Participant

Mmmmm, stable grass …

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    I’d like a less beer taste

Less filling!

For Paul
    guinness.jpg

Pa-ul
    Participant

Thanks Darth, I can’t wait until Friday.

I’m gonna get me a pint of liquid tar 😀

Scatt
    Participant

I hardly ever drink, but I do like beer. Most people say, “This kind sucks” or “That kind is the worst”, but I’ve only had one kind that I didn’t like, and that was Rolling Rock. I’ve never had a dark beer like Guinness.

Bucho
    Participant

Guinness is good for those winter nights in a pub but no good for summer bbqs or the beach or the kindergarten.

Version3
    Keymaster

Scatt! Where the fuck you been son?

Bucho
    Participant

I don’t know where he’s been but there’s some magnificent hilarity at Horse Drownings. Magnificent To The Max!!!

Pa-ul
    Participant
    Bucho wrote:
    Guinness is good for those winter nights in a pub but no good for summer bbqs or the beach or the kindergarten.

I tend to drink Ale, as well as Guinness, on cold winter nights, like Coachmans Winter warmer, or Hobgoblin.

Guinness at a BBQ is like a clown at a funeral.

Scatt
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    Scatt! Where the fuck you been son?

Yeah, where have I been? I’ve still been listening and all, but I’ve just had not much to pipe up about. That is until I heard the Blimpie story and have this to say; Fuck John Day and I want to make a cartoon with the audio from the story-telling.

…and in keeping with the theme of the thread: Hey, beer is pretty good, just don’t drink it every single day, kids! Now run along and tell your parents what Fermy the Fermented Clown told you!

Edited P.S.:

Bucho wrote:
    I don’t know where he’s been but there’s some magnificent hilarity at Horse Drownings. Magnificent To The Max!!!

Thanks, Bucho. Now run along and getchaburr, ya little scamp.

Octavious
    Participant
    Pa-ul wrote:
    I tend to drink Ale, as well as Guinness, on cold winter nights, like Coachmans Winter warmer, or Hobgoblin.

Ironic the you used Ale and Guinness in the same sentence. Remember the Force will be with you always.

Pa-ul wrote:
    Guinness at a BBQ is like a clown at a funeral.

I never thought that way till now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.