:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Firewire issues

• Comments Off on Firewire issues

Firewire issues

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Firewire issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    El Rustirino
    Participant

Hey, Bryan, quick question. I’m using the alesis firewire mixer to record stuff. It’s always had a problem with connecting to the computer, though – my dad eventually told me that the firewire ports were screwed up on the iMac.

I’m trying to get it to connect right now, and it’s not working, no matter how many combinations of turning it off, reconnecting it, restarting the computer, etc I try. I was wondering if you had any ideas..

Version3
    Keymaster

update the firmware on the Alesis. Do it from a PC. That solved all of my connectivity issues.

El Rustirino
    Participant

So we basically tried everything except that, and we figured out that it is definitely the Firewire ports that were acting up.

Version3
    Keymaster

But it almost certainly is NOT the FireWire ports on your Mac, though it will seem like it is. The firmware updater built for the Mac is apparently not very good, as it will not report errors during the upgrade, and may even falsely report a complete firmware upgrade. I argued the stupidity of this with the guy that serviced Jerry’s, yet all he did was apply the firmware upgrade to the machine, from a Windows XP computer and send it back. It worked just fine, and even that noise shit went away.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Hm. Well, then I don’t know what to do, because we don’t have a Windows computer that’s readily accessible.

Version3
    Keymaster

Have Parallels? I haven’t tried it that way, but it should work. If you you have an XP CD, you could put boot camp on temporarily. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.