:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Favorite Show Artwork

• Comments Off on Favorite Show Artwork

Favorite Show Artwork

Latest Replies Forums Show Comments and Feedback Favorite Show Artwork

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster

Which ones make your list? My favorite two (mostly because of the work done on them) are

21B Melloncamp and the Raiders poster for show 148

21B_Mellencamp.jpg RaidersCommentary.sized.jpg.

rob
    Participant

I do think that the Raiders one is definitely one of my favorites, because all of our faces fit in really well with the original artwork. Jerry looks especially funny to me.

Version3
    Keymaster

I think I look funny on that one too though, not only is my expression crazy weird, but how about that ripped chest, then double-chin? That shit be funny, yo!

Octavious
    Participant

148 was one of the best, but its getting hard with the new shows artwork. The monkey in the sand dunes is funny.

Frank
    Participant

The Melloncamp one is still one of my all-time favs, just because it’s cool as hell. As a matter of fact, when I saw the subject line for this post, that was the first image to pop into my head. Great work on all of them, though. I bow to your skills and superiority when it comes to graphic design (so to speak).

Version3
    Keymaster

Thanks man, I like when the stuff I do is appreciated. I just enjoy doing something outside of the daily ‘work’.

Hey, I forgot about this one, it’s also one of my top picks.
    ElvisSOS.jpg

El Rustirino
    Participant

Bry, how’d you do that one? Either you are even better at Photoshop than I imagined, or you bought a sign and dressed some guy up like Elvis.

Version3
    Keymaster

It’s a composite: the sign is a 3D image, with the SOS Bee’s Knees logo as it’s face, and lots of glow work to look like neon, then shadow added for it to look like it actually above it. Then the Elvis is a stock image I bought, I composited the iPod into his hand from other image, and the earbuds in from another set of images still (one for the ear bud, and I think two other ones to get the cable look I wanted). Originally, I wanted a more aged looking sign, but I decided this one was good enough.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Dude.

…Dude.

Version3
    Keymaster

Ooooh, I forgot this one: artistically, it’s gotta be one of my top 3 or so.

OldTV.jpg

Version3
    Keymaster
    El Rustirino wrote:
    Dude.

…Dude.

Huh?

You all didn’t think I found an Elvis with an iPod did you?

El Rustirino
    Participant

No, I just think it’s really amazing how simple you can make it sound.

Then again, I bet that goes for anyone that’s really experienced in a particular field.

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, simplifying it down to a list does make it seem simple, but at least people can learn the tools to do this even without having talent.

I saw a few other ones in there that I really like too (the gallery) but so far I think these are the best work. Sweatin’ to the Paw-Paw if funny looking because of the over-sized head, and that one where we are all the big haired 70s spanish band is funny as hell to look at.

Pa-ul
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    El Rustirino wrote:
    Dude.

…Dude.

Huh?

You all didn’t think I found an Elvis with an iPod did you?

Well…You did go to Vegas, I’ve heard you can find many an Elvis there.
    (Granted not many of them would do a wookie though).

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Version3
    Keymaster

If I can think of an excuse to record… I’d love to see if I can find one that would. I will say that I only saw 1 Elvis when I was there, and he was walking down the strip in full dress.

The funniest thing was the asian Elvis impersonator I saw a few years back in Memphis… I kept trying to get him on video, but that little bastard could Elvis-walk fast! Ended up with far shots of him mostly from directly behind, but you could still tell he was a less than ideal Elvis.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.