:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Favorite Recent Quote

• Comments Off on Favorite Recent Quote

Favorite Recent Quote

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Favorite Recent Quote

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    digitaltopia
    Participant

My favorite recent quote from something I’m reading.

“What does it matter what I did or didn’t do?!” I fired back, my pent up frustration over the day’s events coming to bear. “You didn’t even get to finish the game, you dunder-headed moron! The stadium was blown to pieces, your teammates were ripped limb from limb by walking cadavers, and we’re camped out next to a lake of shit! Try being a little objective once in a while!”

Bing
    Participant

Bings Best Quotes:

“Let’s screw up the whole cantina thing in a special edition” – George Lucas

“There’s always a bigger fish” Qui-Gon

“I’m not gay” -Rob

ElNacho
    Participant

“But–“
    “No fucking buts!”

Final Flight, by Stephen Coonts

Jor-El
    Participant

“Wha, wha, wha is ih haht?”

I like titties.

Bucho
    Participant
    ElNacho wrote:
    “But–“
    “No fucking buts!”

Final Flight, by Stephen Coonts

Haha, then the dude says something about that being the title of his upcoming book about the joys of heterosexuality. It’s an okay book but Flight Of The Intruder is way better.

The best quote I heard recently was a story about sledging in cricket. Aussie fastbowler Glenn McGrath launches one at Zimbabwean Edo Brandes, a large built gentleman, who hits the delivery to the boundary. McGrath is fuming and calls, “Hey Edo, why are you so fat?” expecting to get under the Zimbabwean’s skin and unsettle him for the next delivery. But Brandes is too smart and doesn’t miss a beat with his reply.

“Because everytime I pork your wife, she gives me a biscuit.” No wonder they call it the gentleman’s game.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

ElNacho
    Participant

i started flight of the intruders, and read the back and stuff, but it seemed flat out boring to me, so i stopped (thats rare). sounded like they just went out to sea and flew around in circles and came back. there was no plot that i could see from the back of the book, and i was like, what’s up with that. i still have it…what’s it about? is it any good?
    im starting to bore of his books, he’s got about 5 plots that he just works over and over.

Bucho
    Participant

Flight Of The Intruder is his only really good book. Final Flight’s okay, the rest are mind-numbing Tom Clancy style crap. Actually there’s one more just called The Intruders that’s more based around flying instead of political bullshit but I haven’t read it. Flight Of The Intruder is awesome if you’re a military aviation geek like I was. The descriptions of navy bomber combat are about the best I’ve come across (Coonts flew Intruders in Vietnam). Plus the characters seem like real human beings instead of the empty Clancy-like drones he writes about these days, and that’s the key to any decent book (or movie or tv show) right? Plot means shit if you don’t care about the characters.

Two other awesome military flying books are Chickenhawk, true story about flying hueys in Vietnam, and Yeager, about Chuck Yeager’s career from WWII ace to crack test pilot.

ElNacho
    Participant

i liked fortunes of war…from the cover or something, the inside, it looked to me to be one of his earlier books. but it had some really awesome dogfight play-by-play things, ya no?

and…i think i might be thinking of intruders instead of flight of the intruders…i know i read one of those, and liked it. the other was just grafton having to go back at sea and train the new guys, or something, with no plotline.

Bucho
    Participant
    ElNacho wrote:
    i liked fortunes of war…from the cover or something, the inside, it looked to me to be one of his earlier books. but it had some really awesome dogfight play-by-play things, ya no?

and…i think i might be thinking of intruders instead of flight of the intruders…i know i read one of those, and liked it. the other was just grafton having to go back at sea and train the new guys, or something, with no plotline.

Yeah, The Intruders is the training one, I haven’t read it. Flight Of The Intruder is his first book and it’s about bombing in Vietnam and it’s real good. I haven’t tried Fortunes Of War but I’ll give anything a go with dogfights.

digitaltopia
    Participant

If you like anything with dogfights, I can warmly recommend the original X-Wing series by Michael A. Stackpole.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.