:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

faster than light

• Comments Off on faster than light

faster than light

Latest Replies Forums The Lo Dimension faster than light

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Larkitect
    Participant

here’s one for all us science and technology geeks.

some scientists managed to get radio waves to exceed light speed.

this is awesome.

faster than a speeding photon

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Bucho
    Participant

Ow, my brain.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

I forgot to comment on that. I ended up reading many articles and related articles. Yes, very cool stuff actually. I don’t see it being a communications solution in and of itself, as it would require that we take an analog step backward (and licensing would be an issue at that point), and would require a lot of directional control just for the sake of speed. When was the last time you were bitching about how long your voice was taking to get from point A to B? So cell data could be a need, but again, how would this function going 55MPH down the road with targeted waves? Is a satellite (or tower) really going to focus waves and move them, for all of the slots it has the capacity to handle? No, that’s just silly talk there.

The applications for medical are potentially huge, but was is bigger to me is the potential for space exploration this technology will add, and the understanding of achieving light speed; that will affect so many other future applications and theories. I doubt this high powered radio wave thing will be used for anything in the near future, but it will lead to so many discoveries and solutions I’m betting.

Stuart
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be cool though, to send radio signals directly at distant planets in extra solar systems? Obviously it would require an e.t to have the technology available and to be tuned into that wave, but still I’d love to just be like “Hello. Can we come visit you some day? (when we wreck our planet beyond repair)”

Bucho
    Participant

@Stuart 40424 wrote:

Wouldn’t it be cool though, to send radio signals directly at distant planets in extra solar systems? Obviously it would require an e.t to have the technology available and to be tuned into that wave, but still I’d love to just be like “Hello. Can we come visit you some day? (when we wreck our planet beyond repair)”

Thats would be cool, especially if we had Bing make the greeting.

“Aaaaaay, aliens, BING!!!”

Bing
    Participant

Here’s a question for you fine lads. Would contact with an alien civilization be a good or bad thing?

Would it be a transforming event like Carl Sagan thought?
    or
    Would the more advanced aliens beat the crap out of us and lead to the loss of our way of life like Stephen Hawking thinks?

2 really smart guys, 2 polar opposite views. What do you think? But before you answer that let me be the first to present the FACT (not opinion) but FACT that you could stand an alien right in front of some people and they would swear on the life of their children that aliens don’t exist. If aliens are intelligent, they should kill those people first.

but I digest in my discretionary digression

Stuart
    Participant

I’d love to meet some aliens, unless they wanted to kick my ass. So I suppose it depends on what they were like.
    The thing that really pisses me off is that there’s so many other planets out there which are the right distant from their neighboring stars that it only makes sense to think that somewhere close (respectively) to us are some intelligent E.Ts. Even though that is all true (and it is, because the people at seti have found at least 6 extra solar planets, which have the same distance to thier suns as our own Earth), even though that’s true, some people still deny the fact that there could possibly be aliens out there.
    I read way too much science fiction and watch too many movies to believe that there’s fuck all out there. Although also I think that most of the life will probably be more like crocodiles or cockroaches.
    Space is really fucking big, right? so I think somewhere out there their must be some creature which has it’s penis on it’s head, so when it fucks to rock music, it kind of like head bangs for real. There just HAS to be an alien like that. Not sure if I wanna meet it though.

Stuart
    Participant

@Bucho 40429 wrote:

Thats would be cool, especially if we had Bing make the greeting.

“Aaaaaay, aliens, BING!!!”

Oh man, I wish that could have been on that voyager probe thing they sent out in the 70’s. Instead of that fucked up picture of a guy with 4 arms and legs.

Version3
    Keymaster

Well, I say that it’s most likely that we’d have those and everything in between. It seems to me that it is most likely that the evolution of a species to space travel could take the peaceful-friendly higher plane of understanding and survive the kinds of problems that currently plague our people, which could have easily been affected by the concept that they were NOT alone in the universe, the opposite of the popular view here. It’s just as likely that a species would have the type of disagreements that humanity has, and one group would just conquer the others at the cusp or just after space travel were possible… meaning that a group with a conquering mentality would be out among the stars, trying to claim their own right to survival.

So, in the question above, it would be a matter of who would get the signal, who would bother to respond (are we worth it yet?) and who would see us as a threat. It’s also conceivable that the peace-friendly types would have amazing technologies (obviously if space travel is possible for them), yet no massive weapons on hand.

The universe has probably spawned life-forms who’s outlook on life, and the significance of others are just as varied as humanity’s choices in who they choose to care about or love… just on a MUCH larger scale.

Version3
    Keymaster

@Stuart 40459 wrote:

I think somewhere out there their must be some creature which has it’s penis on it’s head, so when it fucks to rock music, it kind of like head bangs for real. There just HAS to be an alien like that. Not sure if I wanna meet it though.

Just think, as a non-gay man, you could meet this alien and decide to ‘bow’ at this meeting… and end up with a dick in your mouth. Dream huge Stuart… dream huge.

Larkitect
    Participant

bing the intergalactic ambassador? them alien sumbitches can’t handle the bing!

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Bucho
    Participant

I think even if an advanced species arrived with peaceful intentions they’d probably take one look at us and send a message home that humanity is a dysfunctional mess and too much of a risk and potential threat to be allowed to survive with complete autonomy, if at all. I’ve always thought, as much as I respect Sagan’s intelligence and creativity, that he was too much of a hippy to take 100% seriously when it comes to the nature of life.

Part of me still wants really badly for alines to come a-knockin’ though, even though it would have massive consequences for humanity, just because I’m so curious as to how those consequences would manifest themselves. And because just knowing that life had found a way somewhere else in the universe would be utterly awesome.

Bing
    Participant

I don’t even think they need to land. Just fly through the air in impressive ways and make their presence known and obvious. The chaos we would create in that aftermath would almost surely ruin some people and force us to look at things in a new way. Some people see that disturbance on us as a species as an interference to the planetary ecosystem. But to that I say “So is an asteroid impact” and that giant one that smacked Jupiter over the weekend left a earth sized hole (if you can give gas-layers real “holes”) which we didn’t even notice for a day or too? But to my point…

Big giant ship comes down and gives us a cure for baldness or someshit then telepathically sends a deafening message to all people worldwide.

“You’re Fucking it Up….Rob for Prez even though he ain’t gay”

BOOM! instant world piece and fabulous hair!

Bucho
    Participant

Oh Bing, how we laugh and laugh. At first I was going to give you shit for typing “piece” instead of “peace”, but then I realised I’d called them dang ETs “alines”, so … you know … pot … kettle … tomayto … tomarto.

Bing
    Participant

at least you know the difference between too and two…I just read my own shit and was confused.

I’m so smart I’m smarter than myself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.