:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Erasing memory in mice

Erasing memory in mice

Latest Replies Forums The Lo Dimension Erasing memory in mice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BenBen
    Participant

So this team of people has isolated memory “engrams” in mice, and have been able to erase their fear of a sound. They aren’t sure how targeted their erasure can be, but it’s the foundation for the extension of this technology to humans. Imagine being able to forget that roadside bomb or whatever that causes your PTSD, or forgetting about some other traumatic experience. Might be cause for an ethical debate soon, but pretty cool research going on.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/science/2014/08/27/making-memories-malleable-erasing-traumatic-recollections/grTBBR9QEuEFsEyK3YzZNO/story.html

robrob
    Participant

How about somebody erase my memory of this post?

No, I’m just joshing, but seriously, that’s cool as shit. Seems like opening up a huge fan of worms, but think of the possibilities. You could delete religion, or racism, or hey, how about everybody forget about Ghost Dad? Well, maybe we should remember it, so we don’t repeat it.

BuchoBucho
    Participant

What’s Ghost Dad?

And why doesn’t that article have any mention of Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3Version3
    Keymaster

I walked out of Ghost Dad… even while I was getting away with finger-banging my at the time girlfriend during the movie. It was that bad. It’s one of only 2 movies I’ve very walked out of. Dunno if I want to forget it though, what would I do with all of these jokes that have been made about it?

But Rosie O’donnell… yeah, I’d like to forget her. Or have her forget herself.

BenBen
    Participant

You could walk around town with your memory erasing tool making attractive people forget they are attractive and make ugly people forget they are ugly, see how the dynamic evolves over time from a fresh start

BuchoBucho
    Participant

I would make myself forget I can’t defy gravity. Then I would defy gravity.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.