:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Effects

• Comments Off on Effects

Effects

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    El Rustirino
    Participant

So, how do you guys do the effects? I know it’s in AHP, but I don’t know how to work that into Audacity. I was wondering if you could just step-by-step explain how to do it. Thank you so much.

Oh, and screenshots would help too. Not neccesary, though.

Version3
    Keymaster

Hey Rusty… AHP? Huh? There are usually a lot of threads around on the tools we use, but in the case of what you are talking about, the effects are onboard effects on the Alesis Firewire 8 Mixer we have. We don’t use Audacity.

Newman
    Participant

Thats a nice piece of equipment.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Audio Hijack Pro. I thought you used that as an effects thing. So you just twist some knobs on the mixer, and biing! It messes your voice up? That’s awesome.

Version3
    Keymaster

Ah, we use AHP for capturing Voicemail messages from Skype (if we don’t play them live). That’s all we use it for.

El Rustirino
    Participant

How do you get the Skype audio in there? Do you just throw a mic in front of it, or is there some audio input cable? I’m asking because I might need to know for my podcast.

Version3
    Keymaster

Well, AHP hijacks audio being played on your machine, internally. I have no idea if there is a Windows version of this. It’s extremely straight forward to you, but basically you pick the application you want to record and it records only that app.

Scatt
    Participant

Ha! The audacity to assume that switched:ON uses Audacity! Puh-shaw!

hehhehheh

El Rustirino
    Participant

Ah.

1. I am a Mac guy, although I need to fucking UPGRADE. (Hear that mom? UP. GRADEEEEE.)

2. I use Audacity because I’M waiting on the upgrade so I can use GarageBand. For recording.

So, I tried using AHP and it was just confusing. If I wanted to play a music clip, how would I make that record in Audacity using AHP?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.