:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

DVD drive

• Comments Off on DVD drive

DVD drive

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    digitaltopia
    Participant

Here’s a question for you guys. The DVD drive on my computer has been having trouble playing the somewhat scratched up DVDs from Netflix, but my regular DVD player plays them just fine. Do you think the drive is just being picky, or perhaps it’s wearing out?

And when I say the drive isn’t playing the discs, I mean it’s having trouble recognizing they’re even there. It tries to spin up a few times like it’s trying to recognize the disc, then it just quits.

Larkitect
    Participant

all things being equal, i’d have picked the pc drive over the stand-alone unit to play a scratched disc.

does the drive have any problems recognizing damage-free discs?

and have you cleaned the discs to make sure that the scratches are the only problem you’re dealing with and not left-over finger oils or other residue?

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

digitaltopia
    Participant

I agree that a DVD drive should be able to read discs better than a regular DVD player. I popped the DVD into another system here and it came up right away and played just fine, so I think it’s the drive. My expertise is more with the software side of things than the hardware so I was looking for a second opinion. After seeing how the disc reacts in a different system I think it’s pretty clear.

I suppose I’ll be getting a nice new Lite-On drive to replace whatever generic drive is in my system.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.