:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

DO NOT see The Dark Knight at IMAX

• Comments Off on DO NOT see The Dark Knight at IMAX

DO NOT see The Dark Knight at IMAX

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder DO NOT see The Dark Knight at IMAX

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Thought it would be cool to see the movie for the first time at the local IMAX. Let’s go into a little detail about the experience:

1.) It was hot as fucking balls in that place. On top of that, you had to basically lay down in your chair.
    2.) The movie was projected over the entire fucking dome, which means that there were several scenes that I couldn’t see or they looked distorted.
    3.) A shitload of people were there.
    4.) Girlfriend had a panic attack as we were trying to get out. Something about being around a lot of people in a closed-off environment. Wasn’t a pretty sight.
    5.) Seats were made for people who weren’t blessed with extra padding, if you will. So you’re smooshed in there with a ton of people and did I mention it was hot as fucking balls?

Anyway, I’m going to have to go see this movie again at a regular movie theater. The IMAX Experience wasn’t what I thought it was going to be..

digitaltopia
    Participant

The IMAX there projects onto the dome? The IMAX here just has a huge screen.

Version3
    Keymaster

That vast majority of the IMAX screens are of the flat variety. There are domes in some of the markets, and usually they are older (but generally cooler for real IMAX presentations). We have the dome and flat styles here, however they don’t generally show feature films on the domes here. Pitty, because I’d like to actually see that once. dunno if this is the move of that though.

Octavious
    Participant

The AC wasn’t pumping in? I remember, I think last when Spiderman 3 came out. McFucking pissed. Warm, the AC never kicked in and the fucking asshole douche bag idiot that worked there opened the door and that was distracting because of the light was coming in from the bottom.

At least I got a free pass out of it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.