:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Dear (fill in the blank), you’re not funny. Please stop it.

• Comments Off on Dear (fill in the blank), you’re not funny. Please stop it.

Dear (fill in the blank), you’re not funny. Please stop it.

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Dear (fill in the blank), you’re not funny. Please stop it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

My rant for today, boys and girls, comes from MSNBC, where they posted this little gem, calling Tina Fey “the funniest person.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24245385/

So, I want to write a letter to all these people who piss me off because of what passes for “funny” these days. For instance:

Dear Tina Fey,

You’re not funny. Please stop it.

Signed, Frank.

Or

Dear Judd Apatow,

You’re not funny. Your jokes are juvenile and a bit gay. Please stop it.

Signed, Frank.

Or better still,

Dear Will Ferrell,

You’re not funny. You play the same character in every movie. You suck. Stop it.

Yours in Christ, Frank.

People just piss me off..

Octavious
    Participant

Pretty much most of the woman comics are not funny. Tina Fey has this weird sexiness about her but I agree with Frank.

Version3
    Keymaster

Tina Fey can be funny, but she’s not nearly funny as she thinks she is (or NBC for that matter). I think she writes funnier than she is. But while we are on the subject:

Dear Amy Pohler,
    You aren’t fucking funny. No really, you just arent. You aren’t as unfunny as that horrid Maya Rudolph, but you are pretty unfunny still.
    Signed, someone who wants you to go away.

I think Will Ferrell is pretty funny, but the movies are a bit much when they come out close together.

Back on the subject of the overrated Fey, notice that “our” is probably “her” and that the article is no doubt written by a woman that wants to support women. Also, likely a NY’er. Big surprise that NY’ers think they breed the funniest people on the planet.

Bing
    Participant

Send all letters to Adam Sandler

talk about being the same character!!!!!

rob
    Participant

Is it wrong that I like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Judd Apatow, Will Ferrell AND Maya Rudolph?

I reserve my hatred for people that never make me laugh, like Britney Spears, Miley Fucking Cyrus, the Olsen Twins, Paris Hilton, Paul Walker, Billy Ray Cyrus, John Cena, and Toby Keith.

Frank
    Participant

I think there’s enough hatred to go around to a LOT of people.

digitaltopia
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    Is it wrong that I like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Judd Apatow, Will Ferrell AND Maya Rudolph?

I reserve my hatred for people that never make me laugh, like Britney Spears, Miley Fucking Cyrus, the Olsen Twins, Paris Hilton, Paul Walker, Billy Ray Cyrus, John Cena, and Toby Keith.

Yes.

Version3
    Keymaster

I agree. Rob, you can’t like Maya Rudolph, I don’t believe it to be even possible.

Octavious
    Participant

Agree Bryan on Amy Pohler. As a NY’er she not not that funny. And Rob, Paul Walker?

rob
    Participant

What? Paul Walker doesn’t suck enough for you?

Octavious
    Participant

I’m sorry. He did one cool movie, thought he would be good in a remake that won’t probably get done.

digitaltopia
    Participant

I’m also really getting tired of them playing the ad for that new Tina Fey movie on TV over and over again.

rob
    Participant

Have you watched SNL lately? There’s been a couple of duds (Thanks, Juno) but I’ve laughed quite a bit this season. The one with Tina Fey was pretty damn funny, and Amy Poehler consistently makes me laugh. And Judd Apatow — Anchorman, 40 Year Old Virgin, Walk Hard anyone? Those are funny. Not as big a fan of Superbad and Knocked Up, but a lot of people like those.

Maya Rudolph used to get on my nerves, but the past couple of years on SNL she’s been damn funny. When she did the National Anthem, when she tried to seduce Shia Leboueaueauioeaueioeauioaeiyieoaeuf, that was funny, too.

And Will Ferrell — sure, Blades of Glory sucked, and I haven’t seen Semi-Pro yet, but shit, two eh movies and you totally write him off? I’ll always think he’s a comedic genius because of his Harry Caray, Anchorman, Talledega Nights, I mean, sheet man.

Bing
    Participant

His Harry Caray is funny every time I see it. I love the one with Jeff Goldblum.

HEY!, What’s your favorite planet? Mine’s the Sun.

Octavious
    Participant

Tracy Ullman, not funny.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.